LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uh-oh... 🀨

my love affair with the SL-7 may be over just as its begun!! 😒

the cute little rascal has got HARDWIRED RCA leads!??! πŸ€―πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜±πŸ˜­

NOOOOOOOO...!!! 😫
i thought they were detachable like on the SL-10?? 😬

i had such a hassle finding CD-4 compatible RCA cables in my stash (i literally went through like 10 sets!!) and ended up using a set that look quite similar to the Technics SL-1200 hardwired ones, nothing flash just fairly thick and spongey, which have never given me any bother and did ultimately work but the cables that came with the SL-10 (quite fancy, billed as "low stray capacity" cable, with a proprietary Technics 3-prong plug with integrated Ground pin and Ground cable) were awful and noisy for CD-4..

so, the odds are these hardwired ones on the SL-7 could also be unsuitable for CD-4!?

oh pigs' BUM!!! πŸ– πŸ‘πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ .. and today was going so well..!!! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜«

uh-oh... 🀨

the cute little rascal has got HARDWIRED RCA leads!??! πŸ€―πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜±πŸ˜­

NOOOOOOOO...!!! 😫

i had such a hassle finding CD-4 compatible RCA cables in my stash (i literally went through like 10 sets!!) and ended up using a set that look quite similar to the Technics SL-1200 hardwired ones, nothing flash just fairly thick and spongey, which have never given me any bother and did ultimately work but the cables that came with the SL-10 (quite fancy, billed as "low stray capacity" cable, with a proprietary Technics 3-prong plug with integrated Ground pin and Ground cable) were awful and noisy for CD-4..

so, the odds are these hardwired ones on the SL-7 could also be unsuitable for CD-4!?

oh pigs' BUM!!! πŸ– πŸ‘πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ .. and today was going so well..!!! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜«
The factory stock cables on my AT 120 TT works fine for CD-4. Try and see.

uh-oh... 🀨

NOOOOOOOO...!!! 😫

I’d hate to see you make that sexy LT lady walk the plank without first taking her for a spin on the CD-4 runway 🧐

Fred/Adam I always enjoy reading your posts with your colorful use of adjectives and expressions. Maybe DV can put you into service writing some liner notes.

Fred/Adam I always enjoy reading your posts with your colorful use of adjectives and expressions. Maybe DV can put you into service writing some liner notes.
oh dah-ling, they can't afford me! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

(that's because my fee is 100 kit kat chunky's a day and all the cheeky vimto's i can stand of a lunchtime!) πŸ˜…πŸ«πŸ˜‚πŸΉπŸ˜‚

only joking!! πŸ˜‰

i'm too drunk to stand up most nights let alone write joined up proper like! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

only joking (again) i no longer drink alcohol of an evening (its boring but its for the best πŸ˜‹ )

ps. i'm glad you like my mad rambling drivel! 🀀😘🀭

in zee words of zee late great Charles Aznovoice; "DV mon cher, mange tout, i'll write you a love song, Charlie!" πŸ§„πŸ§…πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ˜ˆ

LATEST piece of gear in my stack.. πŸ€”

what is it? 🧐
i hear you cry! πŸ˜‚

weeeeeelllllll.... its this wee beaut..!! πŸ’˜β€οΈπŸ˜πŸ₯°

View attachment 83502

yes, a Technics SL-7 Linear Tracking Turntable! 🀯🀩πŸ₯³

i was surfin' round the ol' fleabay the other night and one suddenly popped up; serviced, with new belts and lube and in good enough cosmetic condition for the Β£200 smackers asking price. boom! let's hope unlike the SL-10 its not a case of "a fool and his money are soon parted"..!! πŸ€žπŸ˜…πŸ€žπŸ˜‚πŸ€žπŸ˜…πŸ€žπŸ˜‚πŸ€ž
Holy moley Freddie baby, that was a STEAL!!!
so happy you got that…
I love my SL-QL1 cause it’s a simplified version of those two babies you got there and I think that makes it more appealing to me , not nearly as pretty but I think it’s sexy too! Especially my dark grey ones!
FC02A779-1037-4B49-996C-8335400E0014.jpeg

Holy moley Freddie baby, that was a STEAL!!!
so happy you got that…
I love my SL-QL1 cause it’s a simplified version of those two babies you got there and I think that makes it more appealing to me , not nearly as pretty but I think it’s sexy too! Especially my dark grey ones!
View attachment 83522
oh i think it looks sexy in Black! πŸ’˜πŸ˜

'ello Tosh, its a Toshiba! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚

Toshiba SY-404 CD-4 demodulator & setup 45 disc.

2E60599A-6610-4FDB-98BB-4FA1F03F2C34.jpeg

while it weighs a reassuring half-ton and looks in decent enough nick, when you fire it up not only do the lights not come on but no-one's at home! basically its an ex-demogitator, it has ceased to be! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜…

so, into the closet it goes with my other non-functioning CD-4 demodulators! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ NEXT!!!???!!! πŸ₯³

'ello Tosh, its a Toshiba! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚

Toshiba SY-404 CD-4 demodulator & setup 45 disc.

View attachment 85836

while it weighs a reassuring half-ton and looks in decent enough nick, when you fire it up not only do the lights not come on but no-one's at home! basically its an ex-demogitator, it has ceased to be! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜…

so, into the closet it goes with my other non-functioning CD-4 demodulators! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ NEXT!!!???!!! πŸ₯³
I thought you already had a good working Demod. Freddie? Hope you didn't pay much for that one; I'm still in the hunt for one in good nick for sure :geek:

Back