Layla Box Set/5 discs/2 lp's/DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Layla! How I yearn for Layla! Someday, I'll hit the lottery (didn't want to write about an inheritance in case it triggers some death!) and I'll buy 2 copies and ship you one! And then I'll score some Biggs Bach! Peace

What's really crazy about Layla; is that I was never a huge fan of the song itself, but loved the rest the album; and I'm just kickin' the shit out of myself for letting it get scarce - It's Elliot freekin' Scheiner damn it:mad:

What's really crazy about Layla; is that I was never a huge fan of the song itself, but loved the rest the album; and I'm just kickin' the shit out of myself for letting it get scarce - It's Elliot freekin' Scheiner damn it:mad:

Bell bottom blues is the song on that album that really stands out to me

My friend asks me "why is this disc only 5.0?" So I dig out mine and place it in the Oppo BDP-93 and it reports the disc as being 5.0. There isn't any LFE sub action on my disc or his; can't remember the source now. Any thoughts on this?

My friend asks me "why is this disc only 5.0?" So I dig out mine and place it in the Oppo BDP-93 and it reports the disc as being 5.0. There isn't any LFE sub action on my disc or his; can't remember the source now. Any thoughts on this?

Tim,

I just checked my rip files and they are definitely 5.0. no LFE. There is a center channel but no LFE. When I made the flac's for the car I had to insert an empty LFE before they would play

I just checked my rip files and they are definitely 5.0. no LFE. There is a center channel but no LFE. When I made the flac's for the car I had to insert an empty LFE before they would play

That's strange - on my copy, there's definitely audio in the LFE channel. Here's "Bell Bottom Blues" and "Layla":

Bell Bottom Blues 5.1 DVD.jpg

Layla 5.1 DVD.jpg

I’m wondering if the source for the files you and I have are suspect? But if truly 5.0 I foresee a project. :51QQ

I have the actual box set, which I will dig out and re-rip. These expensive hulks usually arrive, I pluck the surround disc out of the package, rip it, put the disc back in the set, then sit it on a shelf. A waste, really, I never even look at the scarves! :eek:

Is 5.0 a problem? Some feel it's the preferred way to mix surround. The LFE channel is an "effects" channel, not a "bass" channel. It's meant for sub-audio sound effects, rather than musical instruments. The playback system should decide what bass frequencies to send to a subwoofer, if there even is one. That decision is based on all your speakers' capabilities, which a mixing engineer cannot possibly know.

Just ripped the DVD and sure enough, it is clearly 5.1, so how I ended up with 5.0 before is beyond me. There's not much in the LFE but it IS there, for sure.

Here's a look at the entire DVD at 24/48, ripped with MakeMKV and then AudioMuxer

Layla DVD.jpg

Just ripped the DVD and sure enough, it is clearly 5.1, so how I ended up with 5.0 before is beyond me. There's not much in the LFE but it IS there, for sure.

Here's a look at the entire DVD at 24/48, ripped with MakeMKV and then AudioMuxer

View attachment 54242

You probably used DVD Audio Extractor last time and it was playing tricks on you like it is doing to @northernsoul...haha😀.

Back