Led Zep DVD......Dolby D vs DTS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daved64

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I played disc one in DTS....then later in DD......during Dazed and Confused, when Page is doing the bowed guitar solo....I got some distorted sound in my center channel when I played the DD version that were NOT there in the DTS version....anyone else get this?

BINGO! I thought it was just my system but I get the distorted crackling sound out of my center channel throughout much of the 1st disc! I forget if it was while listening in DTS or DD.

Hey Guys, here's a suggestion:

DON'T PLAY THE DOLBY TRACK!:D

I played disc 1 in DTS last night.....no problems....
I am taking Guy's advice, but it's too bad a perfect DVD has to be spoiled....there are some people out there that don't even know to how to switch audio options, so they're probably getting the crappy DD track.

I have never heard the Dolby track on most of my DVD's that have an available DTS track. I see the DTS option and that is that. There is only one that I have found where the Dolby is actually better than the DTs and that was Ringo Starr and His All-Star Band - So Far. Otherwise, loss of the Dolby track on a disc is a non-event.

When classic rock projects arrive on DVD, it's usually a big disappointment. NOT this one! It's a winner in every way.

I saw them live in 1977 (rather sloppy but okay) and Page/Plant in 1998 (very very good especially the first 5 albums material) and this DVD set blew my mind. I have to gove them much more credit than previously thought.

This is one of the few music DVDs that I expect to revisit often. If you weren't sure about their legacy, jump in here.

It would be great to have their studio output on DVD-A and I hope that's in the cards, this show will hold me over until they actually appear.

DTS track is the way to go at any volume; especially 11.

Back