Music DVD Poll Led Zeppelin - Legendary Performances

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V of "Led Zeppelin - Legendary Performances"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 - Poor Mix, Poor Picture, Poor Content

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please post your thoughts, comments & observations.
This disc seems to be known as different titles.
Amazon & Play.com in the UK call it "legendary Performances", other sellers call it "DVD".

Last edited:
I really like it. I know the RAH footage doesn't have the best sound but what a performance! 8.

Given the state of materials to work with, the end result is fantastic. The cleanup work let the true value of the performances shine through.

Sadly, many bands suffer when their work is examined closely due to the lack of technology on the day. That's when people who lack first hand experience say "gee, what's all the fuss about?"

Led Zeppelin - DVD is a stunner of a package because it's so much better than you think it could possibly be.

Zippadidooo

Caveman Shirley did an excellent job there...

Try to find the article he wrote for the British Sound On Sound magazine...

A 10. I hadn't been a Zep fan since high school, which is nearing 20 years now. This DVD changed that. I prefer the second DVD, but the drum solo from the Albert Hall concert is not to be missed - Holy Phuck could that guy play the drums! Some of Jimmy's guitar solos go on and on without going anywhere, but they are easily skipped if desired.

This DVD also serves to reinforce the notion that without John Bonham there is no Led Zeppelin. Page and Plant naturally get the bulk of attention, but we know where the thunder comes from.

An 8 for sonics, 7 for performance...in many instances I still prefer the studio versions, but there are some undeniably great moments throughout, and a fine document.

ED :)

I will give this double disc set a 8 since Led Zeppelin is still my favorite heavy rock band and this is probably the best live disc set we are likely to ever see. Page had the rights to The Yardbirds name and this group really started out calling themselves The Yardbirds or The New Yardbirds if I recall correctly, and I loved The Yardbirds first and regretted this group being formed from the remnants of that great mid 60's group. I still think The Yardbirds was a better name but Led Zeppelin had Bonham and Plant in addition to Page, which makes for a threesome of hard rock/blues/world music talent we aren't ever likely to see again. Was Jones any good? I still don't know and guess I never will know but if Page thought he was, that should be good enough for me. The first time I heard Led Zeppelin's first album in 1968 or 69 I knew I wasn't going to miss The Yardbirds or Cream.

Chris

I've owned this for about 10 years and only just got round to checking out the 5.1 audio. The surround mix on dvd is astounding (especially disc 2). Blows the how the west was won bluray out of the water. What an amazing live band. John Paul Jones' talent is under rated as well, look out for his bass pedals while he plays keyboards/mandolin.

I must pull this out again I also may not have played it in 5.1
Got it when released played it a lot but in stereo don't think I had a surround system set up yet.
I will do the same. Listened almost a year ago but my system has improved greatly since then.
I recall the drums being nice & prominent in the mix.

I have fixed this problem.
Finishing disc 2 in DTS.
Good live mix. The rear speakers are getting a work out.
From reading the old Kevin Shirley interview they performed a miracle with restoration of audio and video.
While I doubt this would look better on bluray I do prefer bluray menu navigation over dvd.

For a couple of hours I can pretend I'm back in high school.

Back