Led Zeppelin News

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be surprised if this were the case, especially since there are stems from a few tracks on the second album (Whole Lotta Love, Ramble On, What Is And What Should Never Be, etc) 'out there' online.

Page has brought up the idea of remixing the catalog in surround during a number of interviews over the years, but I guess he just hasn't gotten around to it yet. With the newfound industry push for Atmos, I think it has a better chance of happening today than in 2018 (the last time it was mentioned, to my knowledge).
https://ledzepnews.com/2018/02/18/jimmy-page-planning-led-zeppelins-fiftieth-anniversary-18-months/
I think Page may have been alluding to a release of "How the East Was Won", from the '71 Japan Tour. I know they had t-shirts on the official site, but got flack as the image had a graphic of the Rising Sun flag. I suspect Plant nixed the release.

When they did the deluxe edition box sets a few years ago for all the studio albums, Coda had, by far in my opinion, the best set of extra tracks and outtakes. The outtakes and extras were probably overall better than the original album.
So they put the best of the remaining leftovers with the compilation of the best leftovers.

Back