Led Zeppelin News

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

in my day most films were over 2 hrs long.

shame that the millennial generation can't pay attention to something for longer than 10 minutes

I guess they don't realize that zep had individual songs over 11 mins long

can you imagine walking out on a single song because it was too long lol

Yea I get that as well….this whole world is turning out to be all ADHD, Dyslexic or whatever, I’m dyslexic but I still graduated and got my BA. People are too lazy want computers to do everything for them and actually think for them as well!! What is this world coming to?!

After reading the articles above, I’m looking forward to seeing it. I just want to enjoy it for whatever it is. It took them a year to find an interview John Bonham did in Australia. Also, other bits of unseen footage is supposed to be in it. There is no such thing as a Led Zeppelin movie that’s too long. After all, they used to put on 3 hour live concerts.

So, basically the media wants a documentary that covers all the information that the casual Zeppelin fan can access with very little research. These are the most absurd reviews I have read. And, I doubt Jimmy Page wanted a documentary for those idiots, but rather one that is for the true fans. Not that I would expect much else from the entertainment media.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to watch, and listen carefully to the conference to understand the film's purpose:

Of course it’s about the music!! Anyone know which film “WTLB” was used on?! I think Jimmy got it confused with Immigrant Song?!

Page even got the dates wrong in the interview if I remember correctly he said Led Zeppelin was released in 1970 in Jan but it was 1969 for both 1st and 2nd LP….watched it this past weekend

I guess he won’t be putting out any new music if he can’t remember when he put out such seminal works

Last edited:
Obviously, it is what it is and they can’t produce video out of midair, however, I do lament the fact that incomplete video recordings all too often are what is left in the Led Zeppelin archives. God knows, the producers did an exhaustive search in coming up with the video and audio used for this film.

I'm looking forward to seeing the film. I just hope the team making the documentary understand and follow the two rules of what makes a true modern Rock documentary.

Rule 1: Their must be a comment by Dave Grohl saying the first time he heard (insert name of artist, song or album) he was in Tower Records on Sunset and it blew him away. "It was a big influence on us later when we were in Nirvana".
Rule 2: Someone, preferably the artist or famous producer, must say, "The first time I heard (insert name of song), I was in my car driving on the freeway when it came on the radio. I was so blown away I had to pull over and just turn it up and go 'wow!'.

Without those two elements, it is not a real Rock-Doc.

👴B,b,b,b, but the 1st album advance copy for radio was out on Dec 30, 1968 ;)

I read somewhere that in order for Jimmy Page to give his permission to use WTLB in this scene, they had to re-film the part where they put the needle down on the record. Apparently, they originally filmed it with them putting the needle down too early on the side.

I read somewhere that in order for Jimmy Page to give his permission to use WTLB in this scene, they had to re-film the part where they put the needle down on the record. Apparently, they originally filmed it with them putting the needle down too early on the side.
Hmmm, interesting.

Still a bit too early though...

Back