Led Zeppelin News

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in '71. I believe they only played it live 2 or 3 times, at the beginning of the 1975 tour. And then they dropped it from the set list, never to return. I'm pretty sure there is a recent link of one of these versions. I will try and locate it.

There is a new boot from 1-18-75 Bloomington MN with Levee on it.
Not in '71. I believe they only played it live 2 or 3 times, at the beginning of the 1975 tour. And then they dropped it from the set list, never to return. I'm pretty sure there is a recent link of one of these versions. I will try and locate it.

There is a new boot from 1-18-75 Bloomington MN with Levee on it.

Better MUSICALLY than the LIVE ZEP from Minn., but vocally pail in comparison…not too shabby for an all girl group

Gotta love a Danelectro! And the drummer is exerting herself to the max to try to do what Bonzo did with seeming little effort. Love the video, thanks for posting!

Attachments

• Led Zeppelin_III_Lebanon.jpg
    Led Zeppelin_III_Lebanon.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Led Zeppelin_III_Lebanon_00002.jpg
    Led Zeppelin_III_Lebanon_00002.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I will now brag about being in attendance at the 1975 Bloomington concert where they played "When the Levee Breaks" and also "The Wanton Song". We also heard songs from "Physical Graffiti" for the first time in the States, since the album release was delayed because of the cover, including the color wheel during "Trampled Under Foot", used from then on for that song.

I'll write, sometime, about our adventures to get into that concert, that night. My fiance, a friend, and I.

Doug

Brand new premier of a never released show….terrible recording but hey it is what it is a couple of songs they never played anywhere else if I’m not mistaken…very fragmented and shoddy sound

Did Zeppelin ever record in quad in the studio? I know Bonzo employed quad effects during Moby Dick during the 75 tour

Did Zeppelin ever record in quad in the studio? I know Bonzo employed quad effects during Moby Dick during the 75 tour
”Recording” in quad isn’t really a thing.

You record to a multi-track deck (in the 70s that would have generally been 16 or more tracks) and then you mix those tracks down to the desired output (mono, stereo, quad, etc). But none of their studio albums was released in quad and almost certainly never mixed to quad. Three of their live albums were mixed to and released in 5.1.

I’m not sure what you mean by Bonham “employed quad effects” in ‘75. I may be wrong, but I don’t think Led Zep use a quad sound system in 75 (or ever?).

I will now brag about being in attendance at the 1975 Bloomington concert where they played "When the Levee Breaks" and also "The Wanton Song". We also heard songs from "Physical Graffiti" for the first time in the States, since the album release was delayed because of the cover, including the color wheel during "Trampled Under Foot", used from then on for that song.

I'll write, sometime, about our adventures to get into that concert, that night. My fiance, a friend, and I.

Doug
I saw Zeppelin in Baton Rouge in 1975 and they had a quad setup with the first laser show I ever saw. They introduced Kashmir and said it would be released the next day, and it was. I loved from the first few notes and still do today.

I was under the impression from TSRTS film that the Houses Of The Holy tour was performed with a quad system. At least for Dazed and Confused.
That’s not the 75 tour, but nonetheless how can one tell from the film that they had a quad sound system?

I think perhaps you are co-mingling terms for things which have distinctly different meanings?

I know. It was the '73 tour. I know it's not safe to assume things but I was young in high school when I saw the film in the theatre when it came out and assumed it was a quad performance during Dazed and Confused and JP was pointing to the locations of the sound with his violin bow.

Back