HiRez Poll Led Zeppelin - THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Led Zeppelin - THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

Excerpts from above article

Page was interviewed for the cover story of the magazine’s sixth issue, and he said that he’s spent over a year planning how to mark the band’s anniversary.

“I can’t give the game away,” Page said in the interview, “but there’s a recording that’s another multi-track that we’ll release. It’s so different to all the other things that are out there. It’s another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I’m looking forward to people hearing that.”

Where the hell is it JIMMY!!!!!

Excerpts from above article

Page was interviewed for the cover story of the magazine’s sixth issue, and he said that he’s spent over a year planning how to mark the band’s anniversary.

“I can’t give the game away,” Page said in the interview, “but there’s a recording that’s another multi-track that we’ll release. It’s so different to all the other things that are out there. It’s another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I’m looking forward to people hearing that.”

Where the hell is it JIMMY!!!!!

Something different would be a committal to have Kevin Shirley finally mix a studio album in 5.1.
Any or all of the first five would be a "Stairway To Heaven". ( .....just sublime for surround).:smokin

If it's more live crap that would be an "Elevator To Hell" .

Something different would be a committal to have Kevin Shirley finally mix a studio album in 5.1.
Any or all of the first five would be a "Stairway To Heaven". ( .....just sublime for surround).:smokin

If it's more live crap that would be an "Elevator To Hell" .
Concur wholeheartedly. Get somebody to the studio multichannels ASAP. Another marginal concert mix serves no purpose.

A “7” This is much improved over the movie Blu-ray. Had to boost the center quite a bit. If so inclined this is a run down from the significant differences between the sound track album and the actual movie. All incarnations The Garden Tapes - The Song Remains The Same
The song I’d most like to hear in surround would be Achilles Last Stand.

Jimmy Page HATES surround sound. I'm convinced. The 'kind of' anticipated Original Soundtrack Recording from the Madison Square Garden performance scattered throughout the film is finally being released sans all the home video and IMO, it's MORE OF THE SAME.

Ambience and applause in the rear and the concert spread across the front three channels.

Was there even an attempt made to locate the 'fabled' QUAD recordings.......Nay.

If you have How the West Was Won and Celebration Day, adding this new BD~V 5.1 to your collection won't make up for the fact that Page and Company have NO intentions of remixing their classic core albums into 5.1 or it's the best kept secret around.

Just keep Page AWAY FROM THE MIXING BOARDS.

I voted a 7 and that's being generous.

Give US the CORE albums in discrete surround and stop F**king around, Jimmy!

conversations-avec-jimmy-page-le-dieu-vivant-de-la-guitare.jpg
well yes; i agree it is a wrong decision ; being a zep fan, imagine i just bought the IV album double cd of the deluxe editions...if they release the multichannel of the first 5 albums i would buy them all -and graffiti also actually-

Back