Led Zeppelin The Song Remains The Same With Six New Songs on HD-DVD & Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone clarify if there were 2 different versions of the BluRay released? Also, any idea how the BluRay mix compares to the original Quad mix? Maybe this is a silly question since it looks like people would have to compare what it sounded like in the 70's?

I've only heard the one Blu-Ray, but there were two different Blu-Ray releases of this. Perhaps someone who knows the answer could comment.

Could someone clarify if there were 2 different versions of the BluRay released? Also, any idea how the BluRay mix compares to the original Quad mix? Maybe this is a silly question since it looks like people would have to compare what it sounded like in the 70's?

I was in Southern California in 1978-79. I remember going to see The song remains the same at one of those mall theaters. It was crazy, people bringing in bongs and lighting up, it was absolutely nuts. FYI you were not alone. Lol. Long Live Rock!

I was in Southern California in 1978-79. I remember going to see The song remains the same at one of those mall theaters. It was crazy, people bringing in bongs and lighting up, it was absolutely nuts. FYI you were not alone. Lol. Long Live Rock!

and neither are you! saw Zep live -the best rock show ever! I was poor but got my buzz that night free. :smokin

I remember seeing all those great rock concerts at Anaheim Stadium and the Forum and at the Long Beach Arena. Nugent, the Stones, UFO, Blue Oyster Cult, Boston, all those great bands were just flourishing back then. I still have all my ticket stubs. All the best to you and yours Scott

I remember seeing all those great rock concerts at Anaheim Stadium and the Forum and at the Long Beach Arena. Nugent, the Stones, UFO, Blue Oyster Cult, Boston, all those great bands were just flourishing back then. I still have all my ticket stubs. All the best to you and yours Scott

You guys in CA got loads of good shows. I was lucky enough they came to Syracuse close to me.Today, they would play a huge venue-then it was the war memorial. And you got a good view from the floor. That show, the band was so overwhelming everyone just sat down and enjoyed the show, unusual for a rock show. It was awesome! It was the Black Dog tour and it was the 1st time I heard STH. among the other albums tunes and more.
As far as the BD, in the 70's I guess no one thought of doing serious documentation of them. There was never any really good video done. Too bad, it would have been kush.

Back