Legendary TV Performances

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Sunday is the 20th anniversary of Warren Zevon's final public appearance. His friend David Letterman invited him to be the sole guest on that evening's show. Warren chats with Dave and then performs three songs; "Mutineer", "Genius" and "Roland the Headless Thomson Gunner". In the green room after the show, Zevon presented Letterman with the guitar that he always used on the show, with a single request: "Here, I want you to have this, take good care of it."

Last edited:
This Sunday is the 20th anniversary of Warren Zevon's final public appearance. His friend David Letterman invited him to be the sole guest on that evening's show. Warren chats with Dave and then performs three songs; "Mutineer", "Genius" and "Roland the Headless Thomson Gunner". In the green room after the show, Zevon presented Letterman with the guitar that he always used on the show, with a single request: "Here, I want you to have this, take good care of it."

wow. that was so freaking cool - and sad ! Been ( Was ? ) a Z fan for years. Such an artist - PrivateUniverse thanks for sharing this

Mimi & Richard Fariña. Dopico & Celebration for a Grey Day. Live on Pete Seeger's Rainbow Quest. 1966.

Such a shame that he died only 2 months later in a motorbike accident.

I only found out about this clip about a year or so ago. I don’t believe this song was included when the show aired.

It such a simple thing... a string breaks and you’ve got to make the best of it.

But SRV and his tech make it so smooth and cool. Reminds me of the synchronicity of an auto racing pitstop.

Back