Lemon Jelly DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solaris

900 Club - QQ All-Star
this is really the new album mixed in 5.1
the video is second to the sound, Kind like the Flaming lips dots.
The good news is the 5.1 comes in DD and DTS
there is also a 2.0 PCM track as well.
I picked this up for the same price the CD was going for.
The mix is good on what I've heard so far. some good panning.

I concure this is a rather good release if you like this kind of music. I would expect this to become a popular option in the futhre.

rusinurbe said:
I concure this is a rather good release if you like this kind of music. I would expect this to become a popular option in the futhre.

What type of music is it?

daved64 said:
If you want my opinion...repetitive, boring dance music. I didn't think the mix was hot S$#t either.

Yup. I couldn't make it through the entire thing like I have never listened to The Legion of Boom by Crystal Method in it's entirety either. Totally hate it. Waste of plastic (and money) in my opinion.

Just pulled this one out today for another listen. Seems likely that many around here have never heard of this. Elsewhere it is described as "Chillout music," although that depends on what you like when you are chilling out. This is DJ style beats - not hiphop, but some form of dance music. I am not familiar enough with the genre to peg it correctly, but if you are not into mechanical beats this will not be for you.

This is actually a video DVD with Dolby & DTS 5.1. The mix is at times extremely aggressive, and at other times rather same-y same-y. Meaning monotonous. When it kicks into aggressive bits it can be pretty cool, but these tend to be short bursts.

The videos are also a mixed bag. Some I like quite alot, and others are animated and not that interesting to me.

So my summary is, if you like beats then do check out the music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbYA2Jqz0Yc&list=PLjIuADMrDKIZ9QXXo4oyBez_eJ3bkn3R5) and if you dig it, it would be worth getting at a reasonable price. For this one I would not go premium expense. There seem to be multiple versions of this floating around. You would want either the 2 disc CD/DVD package or the DVD (I have the former and have not personally seen the latter). Happy hunting!

Thanks for this. I used to have the album with Nice Weather For Ducks on it, but it just didn't hold my interest enough to keep it.

I'd love a 5.0 mix of The Staunton Lick. It's a beautiful and highly addictive Pop track that just builds on and on and on. The bass is played by Guy Pratt (Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, Robert Palmer).

[video=youtube;rBLWDF2nfP8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBLWDF2nfP8[/video]

Here's another cute track for the same comp which does fit the Pop/Chill Out mood more. Like most loop based music, it keeps building on a simple melody. I understand why many Prog heads would have a hard time enjoying the music.

Very little people know that this track features Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones on mandolin. :)

[video=youtube;ZadtHGjKUSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZadtHGjKUSA[/video]

This is a really good disc...and hey, I'm a Prog head but I also like my electronica...

Another great disc is the "Off Space" DVD-Audio...the music is really good and the mixes are VERY discrete, definitely worth having if you are into this stuff...
OFF_SPACE_Cover_mit_Sticker2.jpg

This is a really good disc...and hey, I'm a Prog head but I also like my electronica...

Another great disc is the "Off Space" DVD-Audio...the music is really good and the mixes are VERY discrete, definitely worth having if you are into this stuff...

I recommend Off-Space too! I think I checked out Lemon Jelly a few years back and didn't like it enough to buy. But hey, gonna give it another shot! Thanks for bringing this thread back up!

For those looking: the full title of the DVD is, '64-'95.

Back