BluRay Music Video Poll Lennon, John - IMAGINE & GIMME SOME TRUTH [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDV of John Lennon - IMAGINE & GIMME SOME TRUTH

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2018 Blu-Ray release featuring the two John Lennon films "Imagine" and "Gimme Some Truth: The Making of the 'Imagine' album".
Full content is listed below:

• Restored & remastered from original negative in HD1080:
• Imagine film by John & Yoko (Ultimate Audio Mixes in 5.1 & Stereo)
• Gimme Some Truth documentary – the making of ‘Imagine’ (Remastered Audio)
• Jealous Guy (Vocal take, Raw Studio Mix)
• How? (Vocal take, Raw Studio Mix)
• Gimme Some Truth (Vocal take, Raw Studio Mix)
• David Bailey Photoshoot
• 96kHz/24bit audio in 5.1 Surround Sound, DTS & Stereo

(y):)(n)

611cF4tCPrL._SL1200_.jpg

Does this contain the remastered "Imagine" film with an Atmos remix that was just in theaters?

I don't see any mention of Atmos audio for this blu-ray release.

Wow, hugely frustrating.

My guess: IF they ever release Pepper and Imagine in 4K then we might be 'blessed' with ATMOS soundtracks. Pepper would have to be a UHD 4K BD~A if they ever release such a beast!

Wouldn't be surprised if the White Album is likewise presented in theaters with an ATMOS soundtrack, as well.

Pepper would have to be a UHD 4K BD~A if they ever release such a beast!

Why is that? You're aware there are plenty of regular 1080p Blu-Ray discs with Atmos audio right?

Wouldn't be surprised if the White Album is likewise presented in theaters with an ATMOS soundtrack, as well.

I've heard no talk of any kind of theatrical film release associated with the White Album but that would be cool.

So I could buy the blu ray of "Imagine" and "Gimme Some Truth" for about $20 and save the cost of buying the "Ultimate Collection" for about $90 just to hear the 5.1 mixes. Is that correct?

Correct, but you'll miss all of the great mixes on Blu-ray 2 from the box set.
So I could buy the blu ray of "Imagine" and "Gimme Some Truth" for about $20 and save the cost of buying the "Ultimate Collection" for about $90 just to hear the 5.1 mixes. Is that correct?

Sent from my K5000 using Tapatalk

In my opinion the deluxe and this bluray are imperative. Yes you get 5.1 of the album for the cheaper $ which includes Yoko's Fly (4 tracks ?) in 5.1.........but those deluxe blurays offer up quite a feast of various 5.1/quad mixes.
So gotta get me both I figure.

I used to have the "Gimme.." dvd in DD years ago and my opinion of it at the time was... meh... kinda still is , but was not familiar with the "Imagine Film " as I believe it's only now available.
For me that's the true treasure on this Blu-ray disc for the 5.1 xtras and of course 5.1 video album of Imagine , complete btw.
I like this surround mix fwiw. :)

In my opinion the deluxe and this bluray are imperative. Yes you get 5.1 of the album for the cheaper $ which includes Yoko's Fly (4 tracks ?) in 5.1.........but those deluxe blurays offer up quite a feast of various 5.1/quad mixes.
So gotta get me both I figure.
Which version includes Yoko's Fly in 5.1?

Last edited:
I guess that listening to Yoko's voice must be an acquired taste. I used DVD Audio Extractor and Audacity to make an audio-only version of the Imagine album from this Blu-ray. This included appropriate fades to edit out all of the stuff in between the Imagine tracks including any singing by Yoko. Regardless, I still feel bad for the woman losing her husband like that.

I guess that listening to Yoko's voice must be an acquired taste. I used DVD Audio Extractor and Audacity to make an audio-only version of the Imagine album from this Blu-ray. This included appropriate fades to edit out all of the stuff in between the Imagine tracks including any singing by Yoko. Regardless, I still feel bad for the woman losing her husband like that.
I admire the woman. She's an amazing artist who followed her convictions all her life and refused to be silenced by society. She's been demonised and abused all her life and kept on walking in her own path. All the nonsense about breaking up the Beatles aside (it's really below any kind of civilised discussion in my view), Yoko was a visionary artist and philosopher, and one of the founding artists of the Fluxus movement (also many times described as "acquired taste"). All of this to say, that her whole existence and presence, be it singing or otherwise, is not really about pleasing the crowed. She deserves half if not more of the credit for imagine - not the music as much as the concept (although, who knows how much influence she had on the music itself? she is responsible for Because, too, after all). In the case of this documentary I think it's less about listening to a perfectly mastered piece of music and more about immersing yourself in the experience and understanding how this masterpiece was created, and where these artists, who wanted to be regarded as one, were at the time.

I admire the woman. She's an amazing artist who followed her convictions all her life and refused to be silenced by society. She's been demonised and abused all her life and kept on walking in her own path. All the nonsense about breaking up the Beatles aside (it's really below any kind of civilised discussion in my view), Yoko was a visionary artist and philosopher, and one of the founding artists of the Fluxus movement (also many times described as "acquired taste"). All of this to say, that her whole existence and presence, be it singing or otherwise, is not really about pleasing the crowed. She deserves half if not more of the credit for imagine - not the music as much as the concept (although, who knows how much influence she had on the music itself? she is responsible for Because, too, after all). In the case of this documentary I think it's less about listening to a perfectly mastered piece of music and more about immersing yourself in the experience and understanding how this masterpiece was created, and where these artists, who wanted to be regarded as one, were at the time.

I agree she most definitely is under appreciated . Without her say so we would not have Beatles in surround and John in Surround. She sat in on the Lennon sessions and by so doing demonstrated she cares about John's music legacy.
Again I must point out I think her tracks from "Fly " on the Imagine Film are worthwhile checking out , and Plastic Ono Band ....has John on guitar , so it's actually an extension of a John Lennon w/Yoko , album . Her vocal tracks are just fine by me , decent surround as well.
It's a shame the whole quad "Fly " album wasn't released back in 71 .

And for those on a budget (me) it's a steal at twenty beanz.

Back