HiRez Poll Lennon, John - PLASTIC ONO BAND [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of John Lennon - PLASTIC ONO BAND

• Total voters
Who mixed this?
Produced and Supervised by Yoko Ono Lennon using the same team that mixed and engineered Imagine (The Ultimate Collection) including triple GRAMMY Award winner Paul Hicks, Rob Stevens and Sam Gannon.

Details from Imagine (The Ultimate Collection):
Paul Hicks Mixed & Engineered – The Ultimate Mixes (5.1 & Stereo), The Ultimate Mixes Out-takes (Stereo), The Elements Mixes (5.1 & Stereo)
Rob Stevens Mixed The Raw Studio Mixes (5.1 & Stereo) & Raw Studio Out-takes (5.1 & Stereo)
Sam Gannon Edited, mixed & engineered The Evolution Documentary Mixes (mono, 100 mins)

Bought it because I like Lennon.

Musically it's one of my favourites from John John , but..............

Kinda sh*tty surround for what , they ? could really have done with this very good album.

Love the book and well , there you have it ........Diagrams of the surround mix , so that's why so very sh*tty in surround.
Oh well , coulda , shoulda , but it is what it is.

So that's that.

Gave it a Seven.

And coulda been worse , coulda been in SStteerreeoo only .

Supplies of this set seem to be drying up - I was waiting for a price drop before purchasing but it looks like its out of stock in a number of resources such as deepdisount and importCD. I wonder if it's going to go out of print or it's just another temporary supply chain issue.
For those of you with ATMOS-capable receivers and only 5 speakers (like me), does the much-complained-about surround mix fair any better in ATMOS mode down mixed by the receiver to 5.1?

Back