Lennon Legend compilation in DTS Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiodaddy

Picked this up today. CD/DVD combo pack, with DVD mirroring CD song track, but with video for each track, and in yr coice of DTS Surround, DD5.1, or PCM Stereo.

DVD includes five add'l clips. Sticker on case says 'Made in Holland.' NTSC all region.

Yes, it is discrete surround, and pretty good. Wonder if the complete albums have been remixed in surround, or just the tracks herein?

I would be interested to know if the DVD is the same as the one that came out a couple of years ago with the same name. Looks identical. The mixes are great though.

I believe it is - did some poking around after I posted, and it looks to be the same. It was new to me, though - imagine my thrill to come across a "new" Lennon surround disc!

There are seven 'bonus' cuts on the DVD - a live and an instrumental 'Imagine,' the 'Anthology' version of 'Working Class Hero,' 'Slippin and Slidin,' and two video excerpts, plus 'a selection of animated John Lennon line drawings.' Were they part of the original DVD release?

I picked up a copy last week. No idea about the contents of the original DVD release but hey this is a CD a DVD with a pretty good DTS surround mix,and i picked it up for less than the price of a new release in the UK.
no complaints except maybe a proper DVDA release would be good although I am not sure how much of a sonic imporivement some of the Specter produced stuff you could get.

Yes, it is discrete surround, and pretty good. Wonder if the complete albums have been remixed in surround, or just the tracks herein?

Good question...if the entire albums have been remixed to 5.1, they haven't seen light of day, unfortunately. But it was good that we got this at all, not least given the dubious nature of the stereo remixes that were done. I'd have left those 'as is' and concentrated on 5.1 releases, but that's just me...:smokin

ED :)

Back