• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Let's give a warm QQ welcome to Markus Reuter!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
http://www.markusreuter.com/

Please welcome Markus to QQ. (Note, he's actually been registered and lurkingfor a while, but Tim has indicated he'd like to interface more with us, so this is the place to do it.)

Check out his website and his past and future offerings.

Last edited by a moderator:

OdysseyMusik

300 Club - QQ All-Star
3 albums of Markus Reuter is now on: https://surroundmusic.one/artist/markus-reuter/
Markus have let me know that next year a new surround release could come every 2 month! - Looking forward to this!!!
He have a lot of stereo releases on Bandcamp as well as Stick Men (with Tony Levin & Pat Mastelotto) and those with surroundmixes is now finding way to surroundmusic.one!
Great music with a great sound!!!

OdysseyMusik

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Today the GREAT album DEEP is released in his and Stick Men's name.
One of these album that grows every time I listen to it! - Love it! - Very nice 5.1 mix by Neil Wilkes!
Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto and Markus Reuter
has made some fantastic music with Stick Men!!!

Released today as FLAC and blu-ray-A and next week as vintage Q4 reels to reels. So fans hopefully can get it the way they want!:LB

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Today the GREAT album DEEP is released in his and Stick Men's name.
One of these album that grows every time I listen to it! - Love it! - Very nice 5.1 mix by Neil Wilkes!
Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto and Markus Reuter
has made some fantastic music with Stick Men!!!

Released today as FLAC and blu-ray-A and next week as vintage Q4 reels to reels. So fans hopefully can get it the way they want!:LB
MCH mix courtesy of our own Resident Genius.. Neil Wilkes...

jsulzinger

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for joining us Markus! I was excited to read your Facebook post regarding your interest in releasing more of your music in surround. If you should decide to move forward with these releases, I wish to cast my vote for a Hi-Res physical disc, such as SACD, DVD-A, or Blu-Ray A. I will gladly purchase a deluxe edition of any and all of your recordings in a Hi-Res physical format.

markusreuter

Aw, thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I hear you in regards to physical copies (even) for surround releases, however, it's just not financially feasible - at all! I think it's a wonderfully positive development that download sales of multi channel mixes are now possible.

In the future I will always consider a multichannel mix for the projects I'm working on. It's a primary format for me now, just like stereo. Stay tuned!

Yours,
Markus

Odys

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Aw, thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I hear you in regards to physical copies (even) for surround releases, however, it's just not financially feasible - at all! I think it's a wonderfully positive development that download sales of multi channel mixes are now possible.

In the future I will always consider a multichannel mix for the projects I'm working on. It's a primary format for me now, just like stereo. Stay tuned!

Yours,
Markus
Many of us rip our multichannel discs to flac anyway, and have been hoping for more mc downloads. Thank you!

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hi Markus
A big dollop of seasoned greetings to you.
OH spoilt for choice, so we are.
For me, anything in Hi-Rez format discs would be brilliant (as I'm into physical copies)
I get the cost factor..looks like I need to move into the 21st Century!!
Sorry for not being more precise but so many to chose from.
No pressure but Im sure anything you think of, will be readily accepted by one and all.(y)

privateuniverse

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Hello Markus! I've seen you a couple of times with Stick Men in recent years. They've been really great shows. (We chatted about Mike Oldfield bootlegs after a show in Northampton, MA a little while back. :) ) Looking forward to hearing more new music and am very excited that you'll be releasing 5.1 mixes.

Welcome!

Group builder