Let's give a warm QQ welcome to Markus Reuter!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today the GREAT album DEEP is released in his and Stick Men's name.
One of these album that grows every time I listen to it! - Love it! - Very nice 5.1 mix by Neil Wilkes!
Tony Levin, Pat Mastelotto and Markus Reuter
has made some fantastic music with Stick Men!!!

Released today as FLAC and blu-ray-A and next week as vintage Q4 reels to reels. So fans hopefully can get it the way they want!:LB
It (Blu-ray) came in the post today, I already had the DVD version, now the wonderful version of the BD-A with 3 versions of the album: 2.0, 4.0 an 5.1

Would have liked to have the Flac and ISO option as a download as well, I have to rip it now for playing from NAS.

Great to have these releases provided by Jan and Markus,

Oct 28. 2011 - The night Stick Men + Adrian Belew (aka Crimson Project) played Belcourt Theatre in Nashville and I met Markus; so European cool and polite in manner with a formal handshake. Always dug this flipped out phone camera improv!
2011 Stickmen.jpg

Happy New Year everyone! I'd just like to let you know that I've been busy remixing albums from my back catalogue in quad (and translated to 5.1 by Jan Printz) and I also created a 3 volume set of new ambient composition, especially designed for a surround listening experience. Stay tuned for more news soon. Sorry for the shameless self promotion, but I fell in love with surround, just like you. :-D

Happy New Year everyone! I'd just like to let you know that I've been busy remixing albums from my back catalogue in quad (and translated to 5.1 by Jan Printz) and I also created a 3 volume set of new ambient composition, especially designed for a surround listening experience. Stay tuned for more news soon. Sorry for the shameless self promotion, but I fell in love with surround, just like you. :-D

Today I noticed the release of the Digitalis album on surrroundmusic.one and did the purchage.
It's an ambient album, with nice surrounds. Noticed that allmusic reports it as a 2001 album recorded in 2000 where the Surroundmusic.one website reports it as a 2000 album (2019 remix) and recorded in 1999.
Also now I got 3 albums 5.1, 4.0 and 2.0 with 2 tracks each side A and side B where allmusic reports it with individual tracks:

1 Swallowed Cold 5:42
2 Toward the Invisible World 1:00
3 Forces Tending to Unbalance 7:08
4 Into the Invisible World 1:08
5 The Invisible World 3:24
6 A Massive Glowing Three-Axis Cross 5:13
7 Demonic Interference 3:32
8 Radiating Blackness 5:49
9 Angelic Interference 4:03
10 Beyond the Limit of the Fire 4:10
11 Whole 6:22
12 Holy 15:08

Hi Bert,

The liner notes had not been properly checked. Sorry for that. And yes, I'm presenting the album here as the original "Side A" and "Side B", the way it was originally conceived. The titles for the subsections still apply, but are not indexed in the surround and stereo bundle version.

Enjoy it! I think it's an album with an amazing and totally unique sound. More coming soon!

Best wishes,
Markus

p.s. allmusic, discogs, etc. are sometimes not correct either.

Today I noticed the release of the Digitalis album on surrroundmusic.one and did the purchage.
It's an ambient album, with nice surrounds. Noticed that allmusic reports it as a 2001 album recorded in 2000 where the Surroundmusic.one website reports it as a 2000 album (2019 remix) and recorded in 1999.
Also now I got 3 albums 5.1, 4.0 and 2.0 with 2 tracks each side A and side B where allmusic reports it with individual tracks:

1 Swallowed Cold 5:42
2 Toward the Invisible World 1:00
3 Forces Tending to Unbalance 7:08
4 Into the Invisible World 1:08
5 The Invisible World 3:24
6 A Massive Glowing Three-Axis Cross 5:13
7 Demonic Interference 3:32
8 Radiating Blackness 5:49
9 Angelic Interference 4:03
10 Beyond the Limit of the Fire 4:10
11 Whole 6:22
12 Holy 15:08

Last edited:
It's a great honor to present Markus Reuter's 2 new releases:
Digitalis - remastered and remixed for quad by Markus Reuter and processed to 5.1 by me. With new artwork.
The Longest in Terms of Being - the same way.
Both released in 5.1, quad, stereo flac in 44-24 and 320 kbps mp3.

Today the two of us also did the first step co-working with surroundmusic.one and will over the next period of time make the site prosper.
So this is a great day for music in surround sound!:love::cool:

It's a great honor to present Markus Reuter's 2 new releases:
Digitalis - remastered and remixed for quad by Markus Reuter and processed to 5.1 by me. With new artwork.
The Longest in Terms of Being - the same way.
Both released in 5.1, quad, stereo flac in 44-24 and 320 kbps mp3.

Today the two of us also did the first step co-working with surroundmusic.one and will over the next period of time make the site prosper.
So this is a great day for music in surround sound!:love::cool:

Thanks to everyone involved with this new surround music! If I may please enquire, what is the difference between the Quad and 5.1 mixes? One presumes an LFE channel is one difference. What is the content of the center channel? Are their other differences in the mix?

Thanks to everyone involved with this new surround music! If I may please enquire, what is the difference between the Quad and 5.1 mixes? One presumes an LFE channel is one difference. What is the content of the center channel? Are their other differences in the mix?

If Markus Reuter was playing acoustic guitar where would not be much to a surround mix. But his Touch-guitar through all his effects and processors gives his unique and great sound: This is the stereo mix. For the quad mix he gave the remastered stereo mix even more processing and effects. This output is used for the rear channes. In my ears it’s in quad now more like a duet with 2 touch guitars and sounds fantastic that way.

My 5.1 translation is to take the front mix and process that using a Mid/Side processor the extract the center track for the center channel. This track is inversed and added in a small amount the L and R so they will have less of the center signal. Last thing is to balance it. So it end up close to the quad mix but have a wider sound in the front I personal like a lot!:)

If Markus Reuter was playing acoustic guitar where would not be much to a surround mix. But his Touch-guitar through all his effects and processors gives his unique and great sound: This is the stereo mix. For the quad mix he gave the remastered stereo mix even more processing and effects. This output is used for the rear channes. In my ears it’s in quad now more like a duet with 2 touch guitars and sounds fantastic that way.

My 5.1 translation is to take the front mix and process that using a Mid/Side processor the extract the center track for the center channel. This track is inversed and added in a small amount the L and R so they will have less of the center signal. Last thing is to balance it. So it end up close to the quad mix but have a wider sound in the front I personal like a lot!:)

Thanks for that description. If I am reading correctly, when you buy you have the option of downloading any combo of stereo, 4.0, and 5.1, so we can easily make our own comparisons. Is this correct?

Thanks for that description. If I am reading correctly, when you buy you have the option of downloading any combo of stereo, 4.0, and 5.1, so we can easily make our own comparisons. Is this correct?

Yes! There is a download option for zip-files of:
  • the 5.1 flacs + cover/artist picture
  • the same with quad flacs
  • the same with stereo flacs
  • and mp3 for your mobil devices
Download all or what you want:)
Cheers,
/Jan

Last edited:
Back