(Let's make a) MASTER LIST of 5.1 Singles and/or Bonus Tracks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And as poster Stormchaser added [which I was totally unaware of], ALL 3 box sets DO include music from the EXTENDED editions of all three films. I was also disappointed in some of the QQ poster's poll reviews, as on my system, the sound is magnificent. Warner/Reprise did a fine job with the transfers. Unfortunately, the current prices are high. I paid approximately $40~50 on average for each individual set upon release.

Does anybody know more about these? How many were there, which ones were they, what audio formats did they have?
I love that video of Somthin Stupid. A very nice surround mix from what I remember and it also has a scantily clad Nicole Kidman in it. What's not to like.
There is also a dvd single of Misunderstood with a 5.1 soundtrack but it's been a while since I played it. Perhaps tonight I will give it a spin. Both discs BTW are dolby digital 5.1.
I see many dvd singles by Robbie Williams on e bay but info is difficult to find on 5.1.

I just got the Robbie Williams – Tripping DVD-Single. Nicely discreet surround mix by Bob Clearmountain in DD and DTS (768k). Nothing breathtaking, but nice enough. My favourite RW track.

Just ordered these three which judging by the cover scans on discogs should definitely have one or two surround tracks each:
Rock DJ
Come Undone
Feel

Also confirmed:
Something Stupid
Misunderstood
Advertising Space

Can't tell for sure from the blurry scan, but there's a few pixels that seem to read "Plays in stereo and surround sound":
Sexed up

For the rest of his DVD Singles I either couldn't find a scan of the back inlay or it didn't say anything about surround.

I have a 5.1 mix (Dolby Digital) of the Yes track 'Homeworld' from The Ladder -- Google saysit's a bonus track on the House of Yes DVD though I'm not sure that's where mine came from. The mix is odd...it sounds like channels were improperly assigned or levels were off.

Ah, sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier. I ordered this one and was particularly unimpressed. I ended up isolating pairs of channels to find what was actually going on. Proper sub channel, lead vocals in front three, rears seem to have treated lead and backing vocals, some synth drones, and quiet treated elements from the front, but there's nothing that is super standout in the rears. This relates to the title track only; I was not interested in the b-sides. (One in surround, one in stereo.)

I just got the Robbie Williams – Tripping DVD-Single. Nicely discreet surround mix by Bob Clearmountain in DD and DTS (768k). Nothing breathtaking, but nice enough. My favourite RW track.

Just ordered these three which judging by the cover scans on discogs should definitely have one or two surround tracks each:
Rock DJ
Come Undone
Feel

Also confirmed:
Something Stupid
Misunderstood
Advertising Space

Can't tell for sure from the blurry scan, but there's a few pixels that seem to read "Plays in stereo and surround sound":
Sexed up

For the rest of his DVD Singles I either couldn't find a scan of the back inlay or it didn't say anything about surround.

This is *really* helpful, thanks so much! Please do keep us posted. I am planning to get into these RW DVD singles at some point soon myself.

Carl Cox - Phuture 2000 UK DVD Single has a DD 5.1 mix of the title track. Mix is not brilliant but pretty good, sound is OK. (I think I would be perfectly happy with it if I liked the music more.)

Flaming Lips - Bohemian Rhapsody

DVD-a MLP and/or dolby digital 5.1 if I recall correctly from the At War With The Mystics CD/DVD set.

Last edited:
If I read ok, non of the following have been listed:

David Bowie, Heathen, SACD, 4 bonus tracks in 5.1:
- When the boys come marching home
- Wood Jackson
- Conversation Piece
- Safe

Björk, Medulla (Japanese version), SACD, 1 bonus 5.1 (and stereo) track: Komid

Depeche Mode, Speak & Spell, SACD+DVD, 4 bonus tracks in 5.1 (only available in the DVD, DTS 96/24):
- Ice Machine
- Shout
- Any Second Now
- Just Can’t Get Enough (Schizo Mix)

Depeche Mode, Music For The Masses, SACD+DVD, 4 bonus tracks in 5.1 (only available in the DVD, DTS 96/24):
- Agent Orange
- Never Let Me Down Again (Aggro Mix)
- To Have And To Hold (Spanish Tester)
- Pleasure, Little Treasure (Clitter Mix)

Depeche Mode, Live In Berlin, 5 disc box set, 1 bonus Bluray with Delta Machine album in 5.1.

Ryuichi Sakamoto, Async Surrounded, Bluray-Audio, 1 5.1 bonus track (only available previously in vinyl): Water State 2

In all cases, great tracks with very discrete mixes. 👏🏼👏🏼

Last edited:
Yes - Special Edition Selections from Magnification and Live From House Of Blues

A DVDA with selections from those 2 albums as mention but then the track Homeworld from the studio album The Ladder mixed in discrete 5.1
The mix is really good too. Discrete and much better fidelity and dynamics than the otherwise stereo-only studio release.

https://www.discogs.com/Yes-Popular...-Yes-Live-From-House-Of-Blues/release/3332995

Yes - Special Edition Selections from Magnification and Live From House Of Blues

A DVDA with selections from those 2 albums as mention but then the track Homeworld from the studio album The Ladder mixed in discrete 5.1
The mix is really good too. Discrete and much better fidelity and dynamics than the otherwise stereo-only studio release.

https://www.discogs.com/Yes-Popular...-Yes-Live-From-House-Of-Blues/release/3332995

I don't imagine it's a different mix from the one I mentioned, which did not impress me.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-and-or-bonus-tracks.11263/page-3#post-326257
but perhaps I should give it another listen.

I have the DVD and don't think I'd ever played the Homeworld bonus track.o_O The fidelity definitely pops!

Back