Lexicon CP-1

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Yes. I bought my first CP-1 back in early 1989 and used it until 2006. It was one of the first 7.1 devices on the market. What would you like to know?

newslane

QQ Supporter
Thanks...I suppose I'm wondering how it works. Did you like it? Did it enhance stereo in a pleasing way?

They're quite affordable on eBay.

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Thanks...I suppose I'm wondering how it works. Did you like it? Did it enhance stereo in a pleasing way?

They're quite affordable on eBay.
I loved it back then. How it works:

There are numerous DSP modes that simulate spaces ranging from very intimate to cathedrals. All are very effective. It also has an early Pro Logic decoder which has a setting appropriate for music.

There are other settings, but it’s been so long that I don’t remember the details.I do know that the original unit was upgradable, but I never bothered with them.

The audio salon that sold it to me allowed me to take it home along with the equivalent Yamaha unit of the time. The CP-1’s adjustability and performance was markedly better than the Yamaha, albeit at a price almost 50% higher.

proufo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
For a while I used two for Quad, one for stereo-ambiance. I still have them.

Very old technology. I don't see how it would sanely fit in a regular mch setup.

The CP-1 and the CP-3/CP-3 Plus are great for someone that wants stereo plus ambiance (a great thing!) fully in the analog domain. I would love to give away my CP-3s Plus to good homes where they will be used as intended, not just as a stereo preamps (they are in Colombia BTW).