Lexicon CP-1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks...I suppose I'm wondering how it works. Did you like it? Did it enhance stereo in a pleasing way?

They're quite affordable on eBay.
I loved it back then. How it works:

There are numerous DSP modes that simulate spaces ranging from very intimate to cathedrals. All are very effective. It also has an early Pro Logic decoder which has a setting appropriate for music.

There are other settings, but it’s been so long that I don’t remember the details.I do know that the original unit was upgradable, but I never bothered with them.

The audio salon that sold it to me allowed me to take it home along with the equivalent Yamaha unit of the time. The CP-1’s adjustability and performance was markedly better than the Yamaha, albeit at a price almost 50% higher.

For a while I used two for Quad, one for stereo-ambiance. I still have them.

Very old technology. I don't see how it would sanely fit in a regular mch setup.

The CP-1 and the CP-3/CP-3 Plus are great for someone that wants stereo plus ambiance (a great thing!) fully in the analog domain. I would love to give away my CP-3s Plus to good homes where they will be used as intended, not just as a stereo preamps (they are in Colombia BTW).

Back