HiRez Poll Lieberman, Lori - BRICKS AGAINST THE GLASS [BDA]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Lori Lieberman - BRICKS AGAINST THE GLASS

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
Thanks. I ordered mine on 6th April from amazon.co.uk, apparently in stock then, then suddenly not, now no delivery date! So I've just ordered from Acoustic Sounds, though I'll get stung for import duty. But I want the disc!

I did the same. Still waiting... Problem with Acoustic Sounds is their international shipping charges are about the same the disc cost. Only seem to have options for FedEx or equiv. I just want good old $5 snail mail.

I recently received this bluray (thanks cupboy!) and listened to it for the first time today. Holy crap this is a great sounding album!! The fidelity is fantastic. I've been listening to this album quite regularly on bandcamp, so I have become very familiar with it, but I was blown away by how much better the album sounded on the bluray. I started listening in stereo, which sounded very good, but the music came to life in surround. What a fantastic mix! Very discreet. Good use of every speaker. The lead vocals, for the most part, are anchored in the center, but the background vocals make good use of the other speakers.

The mix on the track "Rise" is stunning. It has two additional vocalists, and the mixer isolates them in different speakers. When the vocalists harmonized and played off each other, it gave me chills!

The mixer is Ronald Prent. What else has he done? I couldn't find too much about him on google, other than he is married to Darcy Proper who mastered this album. And, he seems to be best known for mixing Rammstein. This album is quite a change from Rammstein!

In this article he says

“If it’s just a stereo project – which a lot of my clients still are – I’ll almost always mix it in surround at the same time, just for fun and for my own practice. At some point I’ll push the button for the client and say ‘Here, you could have this too.’ That’s a “wow” effect that really works. - See more at: http://www.sonicscoop.com/tag/ronald-prent/#sthash.A1bXZEkl.dpuf

I'd love to hear what he has sitting in a vault!

Anyhow... this is a definite 10 from me. The best surround album I've hear this year so far. Thanks fredblue for bring this one to our attention.

To everyone who doesn't have this bluray yet... Go listen to the album on bandcamp. If you like it, go buy this bluray. I know it is not the easiest to find, but it is well worth the hassle.

Thanks. I ordered mine on 6th April from amazon.co.uk, apparently in stock then, then suddenly not, now no delivery date! So I've just ordered from Acoustic Sounds, though I'll get stung for import duty. But I want the disc!

I wondered why I'd heard nothing from Acoustic Sounds, they're waiting for discs. Fredblue got the ball rolling on this one, and the world sold out of copies! Shows the power of QQ and Adam's reviews :)

Hello
Tried to buy from Amazon.uk,but they could not deliver.Found it on acousticsounds,but as I from Europe I had to buy for $50
so I had to find some other disc to.Well,I don't like this music.The disc is OK,but I could'nt play the disc trough because the music did not make it for me.Gave it a 6.

Sorry:(

Last edited:
Hello
Tried to buy from Amazon.uk,but they could not deliver.Found it on acousticsounds,but as I from Europe I had to buy for
so I had to find some other disc to.Well,I don't like this music.The disc is OK,but I could'nt play the disc trough because the music did not make it for me.Gave it a 6.

Sorry:(
Well, it does have one good song on it. The rest being filler.

I recently received this bluray (thanks cupboy!) and listened to it for the first time today. Holy crap this is a great sounding album!! The fidelity is fantastic. I've been listening to this album quite regularly on bandcamp, so I have become very familiar with it, but I was blown away by how much better the album sounded on the bluray. I started listening in stereo, which sounded very good, but the music came to life in surround. What a fantastic mix! Very discreet. Good use of every speaker. The lead vocals, for the most part, are anchored in the center, but the background vocals make good use of the other speakers.

The mix on the track "Rise" is stunning. It has two additional vocalists, and the mixer isolates them in different speakers. When the vocalists harmonized and played off each other, it gave me chills!

The mixer is Ronald Prent. What else has he done? I couldn't find too much about him on google, other than he is married to Darcy Proper who mastered this album. And, he seems to be best known for mixing Rammstein. This album is quite a change from Rammstein!

In this article he says

I'd love to hear what he has sitting in a vault!

Anyhow... this is a definite 10 from me. The best surround album I've hear this year so far. Thanks fredblue for bring this one to our attention.

To everyone who doesn't have this bluray yet... Go listen to the album on bandcamp. If you like it, go buy this bluray. I know it is not the easiest to find, but it is well worth the hassle.

Brilliant. 5.1 for the fun of it. That is the whole point!

Finally had a listen after nearly a week waiting in its shrink wrap.

I was stealing myself for a big let down given what I paid with postage USPS (rip off).

Instead I was very happy, and even better my 'what's that rubbish your playing now !' wife likes it as well, so it will get some heavy rotation.

Will vote after a listen or two more but high numbers for this a pure Audio disc which defaults to 5.1

I got an email from Amazon UK this morning saying "We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier..."

This is one of those which a few years ago would have been an automatic 10, now music and sound quality are 10,
It lost a point from me due to the menu and lack of visual extras , and the mix while dry good has to be rated against some recent discs.

Great disc though love it and being a 9 is not bad but there are better all round discs

I was finally able to get a copy of this disk and would not have ordered if it wasn't for Adam singing its praises.
First time ordering a album from Lori Lieberman and its a very relaxed mellow album to listen to and recording quality and surround is definitely first rate.

Adam(fredblue) said this,
"I want to try and get this disc as much attention on here as poss, as I think it would go down well with many QQ members.
Its a beautiful album, sounds wonderful, with a superb discrete immersive surround mix."

Adam has it dead on the money, if you want to add another singer/songwriter artist to your collection you can't go wrong with this.

Same as what rusinurbe said giving this one a 9 as it is a 10/10 for surround/mix quality as reserving that for music that gets more repeat listening for me (Xtc,Yes,Queen,Steven Wilson,etc).
9 is a good score as I could only give Genesis disk's a generous 8 as a result of some poor compression/mix choices.

Mine is still on order with Amazon UK. Since it's only getting 9s I may cancel my order :)

A very nice involving disc that reminds me a bit of the Sara K SACD's. I get requests for it at home, always good, and have been playing selections when properly situated on the fly when i can. Thanks to Adam for the recent suggestion. A few more listens and a clearly solid rating.

Back