Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did he do Hooverphonic also. Love that one.

he probably did, though the booklet's a bit ambiguous, just a general "music mixed by Ronald Prent" credit rather than a specific one for the 5.1

196355CB-2D42-46F8-BDF2-AEC3AE2715CF.jpeg

What Makes a Surround Mix Great?

Great insight on your perspective. Referencing QQ as the premier etc etc, made me wonder how many listener buyers are we talking about with respect to more adventurous mixing et al. I went to the Surround Polls and sorted the list by number of votes hi to lo and the number is 281 (Beatles Love has the most answers). Is there a way to know how many MCH units were sold? Wikipedia says 3.74 million sold , but that would be all formats presumably.

Last edited:
Great insight on your perspective. Referencing QQ as the premier etc etc, made me wonder how many listener buyers are we talking about with respect to more adventurous mixing et al. I went to the Surround Polls and sorted the list by number of votes hi to lo and the number is 281 (Beatles Love has the most answers). Is there a way to know how many MCH units were sold? Wikipedia says 3.74 million sold , but that would be all formats presumably.
One thing to keep in mind about the poll numbers is that many of us listen, but never comment or vote. I'm not sure what my own percentage is, but I probably vote on less than 10% of what I listen to.
I have this guideline I follow of listening a few times to a release before voting. Life being as busy as it is, sometimes a release can be "one and done" for me, even if I like it. So, chances are, it won't get a vote, at least not for a loooong time.

I got out my Yoshimi 5.1 this morning, and ran across the bonus track with Saint Scheiner and Wayne Coyne that your Marillion pen-pals might find demonstrative of the mixing philosophy you're espousing.
:51QQ

Bonus video track 9 "Making of the Yoshimi DVD-A"
I had forgotten about it.
Searched YT but didn't find it, seems odd someone hasn't put it up. :geek:

I got out my Yoshimi 5.1 this morning, and ran across the bonus track with Saint Scheiner and Wayne Coyne that your Marillion pen-pals might find demonstrative of the mixing philosophy you're espousing.

It could be that a YouTuber would get hit with copyright strikes if they did so. The video is probably owned by Warner Bros?
I will happily reference it sometime, and maybe I can use an excerpt for review purposes. If you've extracted the mp4 I'd be interested in it!

careful with that Scheiner, Eugene! 😱
its a lethal weapon!! 😂

1587066311437.png

Hello Friends!

Hope you are all staying safe and somewhat sane during these incredible times we're living through... For those of you who have attended one of my performances, you know I always take time after shows to shake your hand and have a little quality time with each of you. I miss that...

I wanted to let you know that I'll be doing a LIVE FREE CONCERT TONIGHT from my home at 8PM. You can watch the livestream on my Facebook fan page here
or go the the Facebook page for the Acorn Theater here. If you don't have Facebook, you can also watch the livestream on the Acorn Theater's website here.

This is my first online concert - so fingers crossed!

I'm not sure what the future holds in terms of shows, so I hope you can join me tonight.

XXMary

P.S. Many of my upcoming shows have been cancelled or rescheduled to a later date. With all of the unknowns at this time, please keep checking my website maryfahl.com/dates/ for updates.

Back