Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the (delusional?) hope that Giles or someone else at Apple Records will see it and think about it.
Wanted to be somewhat diplomatic.
If anyone knows appropriate emails, Twitters, etc. might be worth a shot linking them.
Dear John and George [in HEAVEN],

NOW, more than ever, we desperately need your DIVINE INTERVENTION to ensure the Giles Martin ATMOS remix on BD~A is included in the upcoming REVOLVER boxset!

Your rabid fan,

Mike Vieira AKA, BAGGY

R.e109e711ea9796d4da194df35eead241

Last edited:
I have the (delusional?) hope that Giles or someone else at Apple Records will see it and think about it.
Wanted to be somewhat diplomatic.
If anyone knows appropriate emails, Twitters, etc. might be worth a shot linking them.
you did a GREAT job!
Sooo diplomatic!

and no, I will NOT get this release in any form... I prefer to listen to my Mono version...

you did a GREAT job!
Sooo diplomatic!

and no, I will NOT get this release in any form... I prefer to listen to my Mono version...
How many times have I bought Revolver:

1. Original stereo vinyl record
2. MoFi The Beatles half speed mastered set (N.B. Without a digital step in the process :sneaky:)
3. Original stereo CD
4. 2009 remastered CD
5. Mono box CD

So why haven't I earned the right to buy a high-resolution multichannel version?

The Beatles - Revolver - Where's the Bee...f?! Errr... Where's the Atmos?!?!

Special/Deluxe Edition Rant pt. 2...

I love when you flash the "SCANDAL" banner when you briefly mention MoFi's one-step vinyl. Needling the record companies about the inevitable bootleg of the Atmos mix is priceless.

Regarding the MONO versions. One can get a nice effect upmixing with Auro 3D. Unlike most earlier upmixers, Auro 3D will do something with mono.

PINK FLOYD / ANIMALS / 2018 Remixes

Couldn't have said it better, Mike. You've hit all the MANY essential PLUSES of this iconic PF album as remixed by James Guthrie in detail heretofore NOT present on ANY previous Stereo mixes ... or remixes! Surround fans should likewise rejoice to proudly include ANIMALS in their corner as absolute proof that the remixing of albums in 5.1/7.1/ATMOS/Auro 3D more than successfully renders music in more EXQUISITE detail.

And give YOUR doggie an extra meaty bone for his enthralling entrance during the making of this video. Had he been alive during the making of ANIMALS I'm certain he would've been included in the final mix. 🐶

Special KUDOS to the whole PF team for making it available as a stand alone BD~A and SACD at very sane pricing.

Other Artists and record labels should take NOTE ......... It's 2022 AND EVERY NEW RELEASE SHOULD BE LOSSLESS and include stand alone media outside the deluxe box sets

Last edited:
TUVAYHUN - Beatitudes for a Wounded World / 2L
DTS-HD MA 5.1 - Atmos - Auro-3D

Michael, what a lovely and erudite overview of a NEW favorite album which I have had the pleasure of listening to several times! And each time, I find something new to celebrate. The sonics ARE extraordinary and the very fact that Norwegian label 2L have lavished so many up to the minute codecs, including MQA on the CD layer of the SACD, attest to their commitment to state of the art technology....and the Art of Sound!

I would highly recommend this album, as well, to anyone who is UP for a new experience. It is populated with so many diverse sounds and a message which is universal in scope.

This beautiful world of ours is indeed HURTING and the holistic healing powers of music are at play in TUVAYHUN ..... 2L's gift to a ravaged world!

Back