Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go. These guys will know for sure all of them. You may feel reluctant to contact them as they are not members here on the board, but maybe they are? I don't know. But, I have purchased a lot of Cd-4's, QS, and SQ from them and they have a great selection for sale. These are some of the primary big store fronts with from 4,000 to say 100,000 in sales on EBAY for Japanese Quadraphonic. You can just contact them with your EBAY account through EBAY at lease initially. They may even purchase some of your stock if you decide to sell. I would maybe just send them photos of a few of your albums, maybe ask them for a consulting arrangement if needed.

You can go to their storefronts on EBAY to see if they maybe even already have your stuff in stock?

Here are the store front EBAY IDs of the big ones.

get_importcds

facerecords

withsound

ezs7580

vgps

jpnvinyls

Thank you for all you do on Life in Surround, and all the good info you
share.
Thank you! This is a very cool suggestion.

I want to know what that 3rd Matrix LP is and how it sounds/style?
Pup, that record wasn't listed on discogs, so I added it.
https://www.discogs.com/release/26884442-Hiroshi-Itsuki-Nostalgic-Song-Album-Vol-1
It's very cool. Traditional Japanese songs arranged for a sizable orchestra, including modern and rustic instruments, sung by a Bing Crosby/Frank Sinatra type of Japanese singer.
Quad has some cool Quaddy moments! I decoded it with the Surround Master v3.
Recommended!

@J. PUPSTER
@chucky3042

Music was what kept me going, Baggie. I learned to keep a tune in my head to keep from going insane. When I came back to the world, music continued to be my healer, still is. Still keep those tunes in my head on my journey. The journey is never over, (for me) but each day, each year, has brought me further and further. May All That Is bless you and keep you close
Music was what kept me going, Baggie. I learned to keep a tune in my head to keep from going insane. When I came back to the world, music continued to be my healer, still is. Still keep those tunes in my head on my journey. The journey is never over, (for me) but each day, each year, has brought me further and further. May All That Is bless you and keep you close.
Back to the world. I loved that phrase from my Army days.

Music was what kept me going, Baggie. I learned to keep a tune in my head to keep from going insane. When I came back to the world, music continued to be my healer, still is. Still keep those tunes in my head on my journey. The journey is never over, (for me) but each day, each year, has brought me further and further. May All That Is bless you and keep you close.
As some of you know, I started Life in Surround as a way to cope with coming home from my last combat tour (Afghanistan 2018).
I missed surround sound so much I couldn't hardly wait to hear my favorite albums and mixes again. Plus collect more of the latest and greatest.
I began searching for reviews and such on YouTube and basically found none!
Ordered a cell phone tripod and lapel mic, designed a logo, began experimenting with video content, and built it from there!

I too have played memorized songs in my head, to cope, and just to flood my brain with something I love.

As some of you know, I started Life in Surround as a way to cope with coming home from my last combat tour (Afghanistan 2018).
I missed surround sound so much I couldn't hardly wait to hear my favorite albums and mixes again. Plus collect more of the latest and greatest.
I began searching for reviews and such on YouTube and basically found none!
Ordered a cell phone tripod and lapel mic, designed a logo, began experimenting with video content, and built it from there!

I too have played memorized songs in my head, to cope, and just to flood my brain with something I love.
Well Sir you have done a fine job with Life in Surround. I hope you will continue on with it for as long as it feels important to you.
When I got out of the Army, I jumped right back into work at my old job. Being a draftee, they had to hold my job for me. I worked 80-100 hours a week at a very physically demanding job.
I guess I'm saying that was part of my coping mechanism.
When I had time off, I had my Quad system going almost constantly. Those 4 Infinity 1001's cranking out.
But I managed to slip in a little time here and there to do a little bass fishing. I needed that alone time as well.

My thank you to vettix:
This is a post of gratitude. Take a moment to read!
Last night, my dear friend, Saraj, and I had a simply perfect concert experience. Good conversation catching up, 3 amazing bands (Lorna Shore, Gojira, and MASTODON), flawless performances, perfect setlists with no lackluster songs. Running into concert goers from past shows.
Special thanks to vettix.org for sending us to the show for free.
Very special thanks to the Concord Pavilion staff for upgrading us to a VIP box for the Mastodon set! My concert hoody has a blend of metal band patches and my personal Army patches, all arranged like they would be on a duty uniform. The staff noticed that I was connecting powerfully, tearfully, and joyously with the music. Plus the patches.
Mastodon is very important, to me. They've been part of my journey to heal from combat PTSD. They're psychedelic and if you want to free yourself from ego and achieve acceptance, their music is just perfect. And heavy, endlessly interesting, and enjoyable. Unbelievable talent.
It was a night I'll always remember. And one of those experiences that confirms life can be amazing and worth all the struggle.
At the end of the show, we stayed and talked with the ushers, who were obviously pleased that we loved the upgraded experience. We left after giving them hugs!
Thanks to everyone who made last night possible, in big and small ways. You all rock! 🤘🥰🥳
Love me some Vet-Tix! During the toughest times in my life when I had zero disposable income, they made it possible for me to forget about my troubles for a while!
Screenshot_20230501_224319_Google.jpg

So do you keep the set or will it end up on Amazon sans BD? :) Considering the price of entry, I'm content with my 5.1 mix from Sector 3.
Inclined to keep it. The book and other items are very engaging. And the new vinyl sounds killer.

If you can stream new Atmos mix, give that a try. The 2011 5.1 is nearly worthless, to me, now. Just an historical document, at this point.

Rush - Signals
40th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set Review

1683128275566.png

Wow!! What a complete review. Very thorough.

You make it really hard for me to be rational about this release Mike (just like the MP release which I eventually broke down and bought, thanks to YOUR review). Appealing to my emotional love for Rush is a really dirty trick. LOL :p

Yeah, I am considering not watching his videos anymore ... the outcome is usually an added expense to me.
I completely feel ya, on that, as I fund the vast majority of what I collect and review. Feels like I'm riding a rocket!
Which reminds me of the Distant Early Warning video. Bring on Grace Under Pressure!!!

Ode to Life In Surround:
I knew he was different in his reviewing ability
I went to his channel as a non-buying minority
It never seemed a threat to my wallet's responsibility
He only introduced me to a wider reality

Is the voice of reason
Against the mp3 mob
Hero is the pride of purpose
In the music reviewing job

OK, maybe I should have gone haiku instead of ripping off Rush.

Ode to Life In Surround:
I knew he was different in his reviewing ability
I went to his channel as a non-buying minority
It never seemed a threat to my wallet's responsibility
He only introduced me to a wider reality

Is the voice of reason
Against the mp3 mob
Hero is the pride of purpose
In the music reviewing job

OK, maybe I should have gone haiku instead of ripping off Rush.
Reminds me that I did an acoustic version of Nobody's Hero, once upon a time!
And would change the lyrics to Nobody's Hound Dog, about my fox hound, Misty Mae.

Back