Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that found Afraid Of Sunlight to be the most bothersome in terms of high-end. I don't disagree, it's a bit much on some songs ("Cannibal Surfer Babe" and "Beyond You" come to mind) but others like "Out Of This World" sound great. Fugazi and Holidays In Eden are much worse to me in this regard. I'm crossing my fingers they can get Steven Wilson back to do Marbles in 5.1 & Atmos.
I double checked the Fugazi poll thread. Thankfully, my comments there are consistent with my ranking comments (which were made partially from memory).
I don't recall harshness on HiE!

Love me some Vet-Tix! During the toughest times in my life when I had zero disposable income, they made it possible for me to forget about my troubles for a while!View attachment 91138
Just got home from Brit Floyd, my parents went on Vet-Tix. Really nice to get to spend the time with them.

Fantastic show as always.

And of course a bulk freighter showed up to dwarf the whole venue!

Last edited:
8/11 - 2CD+BD:
1685609313875.png

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=362623

A Talk with Michael Dutton - Of the Dutton Vocalion and Epoch Record Labels

Covering a vast range of topics, from Montenegro to Black Sabbath and beyond.
Mr. Dutton has graciously offered a 20% coupon on select Quad SACD titles. Details below and given during the talk.

Enjoy and please support Mr. Dutton with some views, likes, comments, and especially some album purchases.
I look forward to reading and hearing about all the happy listening that will ensue!

---

20% Discount Code: LifeInSurround

For the titles below.
Expires 17 days from today.

---

Link For Charles Gerhardt Picture book to Lost Horzions Disc Cat no CDLK4608

https://books.apple.com/gb/book/charles-gerhardt-classic-film-scores-pictorial-tribute/id1477587833
There is the Waxman and the Hermann as well, very good surround !

---

CDLK 4572 – FLOYD CRAMER • CLASS OF ‘73, ‘74 & ‘75

CDLK 4577 – FLOYD CRAMER • SUPER COUNTRY HITS & THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

CDLK 4590 – MIKLÓS RÓZSA • RÓZSA CONDUCTS RÓZSA

CDLK 4594 – ANDRE KOSTELANETZ PLAYS MUSIC OF VILLA-LOBOS & CONDUCTS MUSIC FROM SPAIN

CDLK 4597 – DANNY DAVIS & THE NASHVILLE BRASS • TRAVELIN’ & CARIBBEAN CRUISE

CDLK 4599 – PERCY FAITH • CHINATOWN & LOVE THEME FROM ROMEO AND JULIET

CDLK 4603 – HENRY MANCINI • MANCINI COUNTRY & COUNTRY GENTLEMAN

CDLK 4615 – RAY CONNIFF • THEME FROM S.W.A.T. & SEND IN THE CLOWNS

CDLK 4617 – RONNIE MILSAP • PURE LOVE & A LEGEND IN MY TIME

CDLK 4622 – DOTTIE WEST • HOUSE OF LOVE & IF IT’S ALL RIGHT WITH YOU ...

CDLK 4641 – DAVID RAKSIN CONDUCTS HIS GREAT FILM SCORES

CDLK 4645 – NO, NO, NANETTE – THE NEW 1925 MUSICAL • NEW BROADWAY CAST

CDSML 8518 – HUGO MONTENEGRO • OTHERS BY BROTHERS & SCENES AND THEMES

CDSML 8524 – THE MAIN INGREDIENT • EUPHRATES RIVER

CDSML 8525 – HUGO MONTENEGRO • HUGO IN WONDER-LAND & NEIL’S DIAMONDS

CDSML 8546 – BILLY PAUL • LIVE IN EUROPE

CDSML 8552 – DR. TELENY’S INCREDIBLE PLUGGED-IN ORCHESTRA • STOLEN GOODS/ETTORE STRATTA & THE BAROQUE POPS • VIVA VIVALDI!

CDSML 8553 – HENRY MANCINI • HANGIN’ OUT WITH HENRY MANCINI & THEME FROM “Z”

CDSML 8569 – THE MIRACLES • LOVE CRAZY & THE MIRACLES

2CDLX 7365 – LA BOHÈME • VERDI & PUCCINI DUETS • PLÁCIDO DOMINGO

CDLX 7366 – CARLOS CHÁVEZ • THE FOUR SUNS & SELECTIONS FROM PIRÁMIDE/AARON COPLAND • APPALACHIAN SPRING

CDLX 7380 – STOKOWSKI CONDUCTS BEETHOVEN: SYMPHONY NO. 3 “EROICA”/STOKOWSKI CONDUCTS BRAHMS: ACADEMIC FESTIVAL OVERTURE

@steelydave @fredblue @JonUrban @Stephen W Tayler @GOS @ForagingRhino

A Talk with Michael Dutton - Of the Dutton Vocalion and Epoch Record Labels

Covering a vast range of topics, from Montenegro to Black Sabbath and beyond.
Mr. Dutton has graciously offered a 20% coupon on select Quad SACD titles. Details below and given during the talk.

Enjoy and please support Mr. Dutton with some views, likes, comments, and especially some album purchases.
I look forward to reading and hearing about all the happy listening that will ensue!

---

20% Discount Code: LifeInSurround

For the titles below.
Expires 17 days from today.

---

Link For Charles Gerhardt Picture book to Lost Horzions Disc Cat no CDLK4608

https://books.apple.com/gb/book/charles-gerhardt-classic-film-scores-pictorial-tribute/id1477587833
There is the Waxman and the Hermann as well, very good surround !

---

CDLK 4572 – FLOYD CRAMER • CLASS OF ‘73, ‘74 & ‘75

CDLK 4577 – FLOYD CRAMER • SUPER COUNTRY HITS & THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

CDLK 4590 – MIKLÓS RÓZSA • RÓZSA CONDUCTS RÓZSA

CDLK 4594 – ANDRE KOSTELANETZ PLAYS MUSIC OF VILLA-LOBOS & CONDUCTS MUSIC FROM SPAIN

CDLK 4597 – DANNY DAVIS & THE NASHVILLE BRASS • TRAVELIN’ & CARIBBEAN CRUISE

CDLK 4599 – PERCY FAITH • CHINATOWN & LOVE THEME FROM ROMEO AND JULIET

CDLK 4603 – HENRY MANCINI • MANCINI COUNTRY & COUNTRY GENTLEMAN

CDLK 4615 – RAY CONNIFF • THEME FROM S.W.A.T. & SEND IN THE CLOWNS

CDLK 4617 – RONNIE MILSAP • PURE LOVE & A LEGEND IN MY TIME

CDLK 4622 – DOTTIE WEST • HOUSE OF LOVE & IF IT’S ALL RIGHT WITH YOU ...

CDLK 4641 – DAVID RAKSIN CONDUCTS HIS GREAT FILM SCORES

CDLK 4645 – NO, NO, NANETTE – THE NEW 1925 MUSICAL • NEW BROADWAY CAST

CDSML 8518 – HUGO MONTENEGRO • OTHERS BY BROTHERS & SCENES AND THEMES

CDSML 8524 – THE MAIN INGREDIENT • EUPHRATES RIVER

CDSML 8525 – HUGO MONTENEGRO • HUGO IN WONDER-LAND & NEIL’S DIAMONDS

CDSML 8546 – BILLY PAUL • LIVE IN EUROPE

CDSML 8552 – DR. TELENY’S INCREDIBLE PLUGGED-IN ORCHESTRA • STOLEN GOODS/ETTORE STRATTA & THE BAROQUE POPS • VIVA VIVALDI!

CDSML 8553 – HENRY MANCINI • HANGIN’ OUT WITH HENRY MANCINI & THEME FROM “Z”

CDSML 8569 – THE MIRACLES • LOVE CRAZY & THE MIRACLES

2CDLX 7365 – LA BOHÈME • VERDI & PUCCINI DUETS • PLÁCIDO DOMINGO

CDLX 7366 – CARLOS CHÁVEZ • THE FOUR SUNS & SELECTIONS FROM PIRÁMIDE/AARON COPLAND • APPALACHIAN SPRING

CDLX 7380 – STOKOWSKI CONDUCTS BEETHOVEN: SYMPHONY NO. 3 “EROICA”/STOKOWSKI CONDUCTS BRAHMS: ACADEMIC FESTIVAL OVERTURE

@steelydave @fredblue @JonUrban @Stephen W Tayler @GOS @ForagingRhino

Fantastic! It's great to see what the Wizzard actually looks like and his opinions and thoughts on Quad (and that he hasn't abandoned us..

Thanks for doing the interview Mike!

I completely agree with you Mike.

I like more the musicality of the 2003 re-record, but as I bought the vinyl at the 70's, that original sound is the one I've grown up with. That's why I like the Atmos version that "sounds" like the original.

I feel lucky to have pre-ordered the SDE Blu-ray and received it intact.

I can only sympathize with those who watch this video, they want to buy the wonderful Blu-ray, but it is already sold out.

I completely agree with you Mike.

I like more the musicality of the 2003 re-record, but as I bought the vinyl at the 70's, that original sound is the one I've grown up with. That's why I like the Atmos version that "sounds" like the original.

I feel lucky to have pre-ordered the SDE Blu-ray and received it intact.

I can only sympathize with those who watch this video, they want to buy the wonderful Blu-ray, but it is already sold out.
I know, man. I'm doing what I can to get the word out about the SDE Surround Series. I do a quick in-the-moment video when a title pre-order is announced.
And I'm also collaborating with someone which can help raise more awareness. More to come in the near-future.

The Surround Series is honestly among the most exciting phenomena of the current surround/immersive music scene.
The titles come very regularly. The Hurting, by Tears for Fears 🔥🔥🔥 has shipped and should be here soon.

It feels like the sky is the limit for the SDE Surround Series. Atmos remix of Megadeth Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction (both already streaming)? Hell. Maybe!
I bet Dave would listen if he got a call from the right person...

@PaulatSDE

Last edited:
It feels like the sky is the limit for the SDE Surround Series. Atmos remix of Megadeth Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction (both already streaming)? Hell. Maybe!
I bet Dave would listen if he got a call from the right person.
@PaulatSDE
I've met Dave several times but I'm not a friend. I do have a few journalist friends who are real-life friends with Dave (and all the major players in that scene too include Metallica) who might reach out of they thought that physical re-releases with Atmos would be successful. It would have to be presented convincingly yet succinctly. Like an elevator conversation, you have 30 seconds to win them over.

Back