Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I'd be thrilled to interview the likes of Clearmountain, Scheiner, Wilson and company. Perhaps over time they'll become interested in the channel.
Or perhaps reaching out to them is the thing to do. I some ways, I think I need a manager or some kind of logistics help with LiS.

Yeah no harm trying? 🤔 And you could mention Disturbing The Universe in surround as well?

Yeah no harm trying? 🤔 And you could mention Disturbing The Universe in surround as well?
I've thought about using DtU as a "how to produce a surround album" kind of thing. I have secretly vowed never to review it, unless requested though. I don't want to be self-aggrandizing with the channel.

There was actually an entire interview shot about making DtU (shot by my good friend in the A/V business Jason Ryder) a couple of years ago, but the video and audio aren't synced, and I fumble over some words and stuff, to my efforts to edit the footage died pretty early on.

A re-attemtp might be a good idea.

Steven Wilson's 2017 Cinderella Man in my DAW. Sounding great in 5.1. Now, to just make an original song sound like this! Easy, right? o_O
SW AFTK 51 Test DAW.png

Hey Mike, this was your best video since Abbey Road! I subsequently placed an order at Mary Fahl’s website and then shot her an email to let her know that my purchase was a direct result of watching your interview. 😎

FWIW, I'd be thrilled to interview the likes of Clearmountain, Scheiner, Wilson and company. Perhaps over time they'll become interested in the channel.
Or perhaps reaching out to them is the thing to do. I some ways, I think I need a manager or some kind of logistics help with LiS.

I met Clearmountain at AES NY back in October and he was super nice - very happy to talk about surround and thrilled to hear there's still a fanbase for it. His studio's site has a contact page - maybe it's worth a shot?
http://www.mixthis.com/contact-mixthis

What Makes a Surround Mix Great?

superb job baggy! 👍 😍
there's at least one more noteworthy engineer i'd like to add to the wonderful Scheiner's, Wilson's, Clearmountain's, Penny's, Parsonses'es-es, etc. and that is one Ronald Prent of Galaxy Studios.
not only has Mr. Prent been there at the forefront every step of the way in 5.1 Surround, from the early days of MultiCh SACD and DVD-Audio, through the HFPA Blu-ray Audio 'thing' and onto the next level with Auro-3D and now Atmos but his surround music mixing can always be relied upon to be of a high standard, i would say he is right up there with the very best of them 🙂

superb job baggy! 👍 😍
there's at least one more noteworthy engineer i'd like to add to the wonderful Scheiner's, Wilson's, Clearmountain's, Penny's, Parsonses'es-es, etc. and that is one Ronald Prent of Galaxy Studios.
not only has Mr. Prent been there at the forefront every step of the way in 5.1 Surround, from the early days of MultiCh SACD and DVD-Audio, through the HFPA Blu-ray Audio 'thing' and onto the next level with Auro-3D and now Atmos but his surround music mixing can always be relied upon to be of a high standard, i would say he is right up there with the very best of them 🙂
Example of his best album?

I have Mando and it's fab!

yeay! glad you like it! 🌈🤩
its another then current release i was pushing like mad at the time but like a lot of that stuff got a fairly lukewarm response 🤷‍♀️

maybe give the Lori BD-A a try sometime?
some real "hair on the back of your neck" surround moments on that beaut 😍

yeay! glad you like it! 🌈🤩
its another then current release i was pushing like mad at the time but like a lot of that stuff got a fairly lukewarm response 🤷‍♀️

maybe give the Lori BD-A a try sometime?
some real "hair on the back of your neck" surround moments on that beaut 😍
I've been meaning to discuss Auro on LiS.

Back