Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jay-zuss, guys! Maybe Rhino should reprint?!

On BD~A 192/24 just like the Doobie Brother's Quadio boxset! I'd certainly double dip! Besides, no one is pressing dualdiscs anymore.

RHINO BRING BACK THE BRICK
Image result for Talking Heads Dualdisc Brick

Last edited:
My step-daughter and her husband are big Talking Heads fans, so when this set came out, I bought them a copy.

A few years later, they decided to move to Edmonton, Alberta, to pursue their master's degrees. To lighten their load of possessions, they sold their CD collection (including this set) for $1 per disc. :oops:

Had I known they were going to do something that desperate, I would've bought it back from them for what I originally paid for it. 😢

@Steel Woole seems to be high demand for a Talking Heads Brick repress!
Yes, or if a repressing would take too long (and it will, especially in the currently endless lockdown environment), how about a Bandcamp page where we can all just cough up and download the 5.1 FLACs immediately? That would mean more money in Rhino's/Talking Heads' bank accounts straight away (charge the same as you would charge for the discs) and we get the files pronto. Seeing as how it's already had a physical media release, it'd be a good chance to "test the waters" for 5.1 downloads. Plus, it'll save me having to back up the BDs! What say ye, QQers? Anyone? Bueller?

My step-daughter and her husband are big Talking Heads fans, so when this set came out, I bought them a copy.

A few years later, they decided to move to Edmonton, Alberta, to pursue their master's degrees. To lighten their load of possessions, they sold their CD collection (including this set) for $1 per disc. :oops:

Had I known they were going to do something that desperate, I would've bought it back from them for what I originally paid for it. 😢
Wow, that is a very sad tale indeed!

Transatlantic - The Absolute Universe

In the 90’s and using just the bands you’ve mentioned that are American, and having 92 tracks....hmmm ....I would think it maybe just maybe it would be GnR, Use Your Illusion I & II....it would have been a DREAM COME TRUE if it was from the 70’s then I’d say Aerosmith Wings, Toys & Rocks!!

I'm guilty of not listening to any yet but when you blind date Gordian Knot which I got in the mail today ... that is too much coincidence to avoid.
Well spoken and interesting to hear you talk about it, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this.

I just ordered from the band's site on the 2nd and got what must have been the last unsigned copy; not sure why I didn't throw them the few extra $5 for the signed copy like I did with the BBB the same day.

I'm guilty of not listening to any yet but when you blind date Gordian Knot which I got in the mail today ... that is too much coincidence to avoid.
Well spoken and interesting to hear you talk about it, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this.

I just ordered from the band's site on the 2nd and got what must have been the last unsigned copy; not sure why I didn't throw them the few extra $5 for the signed copy like I did with the BBB the same day.
You're obviously a fellow big band lover! It's such a natural match for the surround treatment, given all the parts.
Let's hear more of your views on big band in surround!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordian_Knot_(band)Past members
  • Sean Malone - bass, fretless bass, sticks, guitars, keyboards, e-bow, echoplex, loops, occasional vocals.
Studio members

Back