Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mike, I was pleasantly surprised that you were into Poco so much. I saw them for the first time when I was stationed in Frankfurt in 1971. I have seen them numerous times. Richie Fury is going to perform sometime early next year in North San Diego (I live in southern Orange County.) LETS GO ! You are welcome to crash at my house !

Mike, another excellent installment of LIS. Wow, what a collection of discs to drool over, and this is only part one! “New City/Mirror Image“ was definitely released as a Dutton Vocalion twofer. And yes, that is Timothy B. Schmit’s likeness on the Poco album cover. I should also point out that Barbra Streisand’s “ Stoney End” features Barbra backed by the groundbreaking all female rock band Fanny. The title track is a cover of a Laura Nyro song (Laura, of course, having her own quad reissue of “Eli And The 13th Confession“ released by Audio Fidelity).

SACD Junkie!

I got interviewed, for a change...
This is a companion video. Text interview is linked in the description.

Dude, the joy that was evident on your face throughout this video was epic. All that, and then you clued us in at the end on the meaning of life! I’m wondering, do you also collect Mobile Fidelity stereo SACDs?

Hey Pup, thanks for the first installment in the series, “Let’s help spend Baggy’s money”! Because everyone knows that Mike is always looking for another expensive rabbit hole to go down! 🤣
He’ll be OK; unless one day he broadcasts an LiS and starts talking to Harvey on set; the ultimate Deluxe Edition Rabbit show.
However, all those titles do go great through a Surround Master 🐰

1658410641674.gif

Such a fabulous and very special interview, Mike. Mary is truly a gem and the ease in which the interview was conducted was sublimely heartfelt. Today is July 22nd and I will be lurking around my mailbox until this very special album is delivered.

Thanks Mike....you are doing an amazing job spreading the word that Surround is indeed where it's at.

And did I mention....Mary is gorgeous!

Last edited:
KUDOS, Mike, for your excellent and informative interviews with Ronald Prent and Mark Doyle. Prent's studio is beyond awesome .... an old Baptist Church with I'm sure sublime acoustic properties. Maybe in my next life!!!!!!!!!

With these three interviews, Mr. Vieira, I truly believe you've found your niche because from the looks of it they enjoyed sharing their thoughts with you as much as you enjoyed interviewing them....and the ninety + minutes spent savoring these videos is a testament to your consummate skills at putting your subjects at total ease!

HOT STUFF!

Last edited:
Back