Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your post got me.. We married as just kids (18), gradeschool is when I lost my mind over her. Still have, over 40 years married. She's a beauty and heart of gold.. She is the reason I am typing this, for the second time. Last time (last April) we were listening to a 5.1 anniversary Jethro Tull set she had got me as a gift. I had no idea. It shipped all the way from the UK. Songs from the wood anniversary book set. I got up from sitting rt next to her to pull the blinds down (light gets to me since the first one.) and I turned and couldn't talk or look to my right.....worse from there, I can't remember. Worst of all, is I scared her so much. I never wanted her to go through that...again. She is and always has been my little angel. I want you to know that I truly hope things go as best as possible. Not super religious, but a heartfelt God Bless to you both.
For you as well. For both of you. Hey, we are here until we are not. Make the best of it until then, my friend. Life is a scary and fickle bitch. (if you let it be)

AotW5

Shoutout to @GOS around 6:45

Stoney End is a cool album very much in the Richard Perry style of other smooth rock favorites that made it to quad.

Perry was well established as a producer by 1970. His credits during the subsequent decade include albums by Harry Nilsson (Nilsson Schmilsson, Son of Schmilsson), Barbra Streisand (Stoney End..., Carly Simon (No Secrets...), Art Garfunkel (Breakaway)...
...Another high point was his work with Fanny. Perry produced the group's first three albums, Fanny (1970), Charity Ball, which featured the top 40 title track (1971), and Fanny Hill (1972).
[5]

One of the cool things dear to me about this record is among the guests it has Nicky Barclay, who played with Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs & Englishmen before joining the pioneering women's rock band Fanny with the Millington sisters.
Killer guitarist June Millington also guests on the record.

Saw them live in 1971 at a small balllroom at the University of Nebraska.

IMG_8703.jpeg

Stoney End is a cool album very much in the Richard Perry style of other smooth rock favorites that made it to quad.

Perry was well established as a producer by 1970. His credits during the subsequent decade include albums by Harry Nilsson (Nilsson Schmilsson, Son of Schmilsson), Barbra Streisand (Stoney End..., Carly Simon (No Secrets...), Art Garfunkel (Breakaway)...
...Another high point was his work with Fanny. Perry produced the group's first three albums, Fanny (1970), Charity Ball, which featured the top 40 title track (1971), and Fanny Hill (1972).
[5]

One of the cool things dear to me about this record is among the guests it has Nicky Barclay, who played with Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs & Englishmen before joining the pioneering women's rock band Fanny with the Millington sisters.
Killer guitarist June Millington also guests on the record.

Saw them live in 1971 at a small balllroom at the University of Nebraska.

View attachment 89685

OMG. I need that Fanny LP lol.
Hawt.
Really.

No sir. Not unless the price gets slashed by 40%+.
I have every other iteration but I can't justify the (lack of) content for that price. I guess my days of being a "completist" are over. It's easy when you feel those in charge are taking advantage of you.
Yeah I'll wait for the 70th anniversary, but then it should be in Dolby Utmost 17.5

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Streaming Now in Atmos

One of my top-10 favorite bands who I've seen ~20 times going back to '86! Just today I was checking to see if they have a video compilation in 5.1 (Couldn't find one as Arsenal of Megadeth seems to be stereo). Like others, I'm hoping for a physical release to add to my DVD-A of Peace Sells.
P1000773.JPG

Back