DTS-CD LightScribe labeling

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solaris

900 Club - QQ All-Star
just got a drive with light scribe and was wondering how other people here like it

just got a drive with light scribe and was wondering how other people here like it

I've got 2 drives with Lightscribe and I must say that I have never used the functionality on either of them. The discs are always quite a bit more expensive than a regular CD/DVD blank so I just continue to use the old magic marker. When the price converges I might give a few a try. I believe the printing is just gray scale anyway so I'm not sure how much better the finished product would look.

I love mine. This is a sample of my own conversions for my own personal use. I really like the idea of no sticky labels to deal with or getting a disc "unbalanced". I found the best results come from using a black back ground and create you disc in the "negative". seems to have a bit more contrast. Also, I mentioned here before, Phillips brand disc are much much better that HP's brand. I haven't tried Verbatim yet. Also, I don't think the cost is that bad. I bought my last set from Yes.com and with shipping and tax, $0.44us per disc.

scan0005.jpg

Spence

P.S. The scan doesn't do it Justice. They look much better in your hand.

I've got a lightscribe drive and while I don't use it for everything it is great for "special" things like when I am making discs for others (non-copyrighted stuff, live shows from assorted sites). I just got a bundle of 100 multi-coloured cdr lightscribe discs for about $40 - yeah, more than standard but they *do* look great when done properly - I've impressed myself sometimes even!

Heck, the Tab has returned in the Ocean!!!
Nice to hear you again, welcome back (and let ELP to continue...)

Been a real interesting year and a half...but I am still around. Besides, my 2 cents is only worth about 1.25 cents these days. You guys have continued on quite nicely. :)

Light Scribe is Basically what I used to use on my Yamaha cd burner but on the recorded side of the cd. The program was by Discus / Magic Mouse I use their Cd/dvd program to print on direct to disc Printing cd/dvd. I use to burn the title and other stuff on the un-used section of the dts conversions. If you have any of my conversions Look at the burned side out side area and you'll see it! Sort of Holographaphic looking... The other cool thing about that burner was it did what was called - I forget what they called it but it did this burn process that used a longer pit burn on the disc Master burn Mode ! That's it!
It used more disc space but gave the laser a better shot a reading the pit and land areas and the discs did sound better! Light scribe is just the same thing except now on the front of the disc. Magic Mouse is going to support the format soon on their latest program. Ver, 4.20 Discus . Go and check out the program. Highly Recomend it for paper or printers. Demo Available! Ive been using it since I had the Yamaha burner went to the site and got the Discus program Ver.2
I now have 2 direct to disc printers and never use paper labels. The program even has templates for DVD-A SAcd inserts. And A file for logos DD DTS (I sent them to them) DVD-A and we'll you get the idea SACD .
Rob :alienrob:

Back