Liquid Tension Experiment 3 in 5.1 (Mar 26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has arrived. 😁

View attachment 66021

Only on the second track now. Music kicks butt. However, the mix so far isn't anything special. Not bad, but there is clearly so much more that could have been done with this kind of music.
Nice clean setup, Private!

Rich Mouser, eh? Your opinion of his mix for LTE matches my own for the new Transatlantic - way too conservative use of the rears for music of this nature which contains a ton of guitar and keyboard tracks that can be used to create a rich and engaging surround environment.

I just don’t understand why this conservative approach would be used on a new release that’s not a beloved classic recording that fans might not appreciate being altered too much. Come on, Rich - both of these albums are modern prog rife for surround experimentation; let it rip, man!

Still waiting for this to be sent by Burning Shed, here in the UK
I sent them an email yesterday, asking for an update,
They replied today: 'We are still waiting for this release to arrive at Burning Shed'
:unsure::censored:
I wonder what the problem is?
Update
Just received an email from Pete at Burning Shed:

'We are sorry to say that due to delivery problems between the EU and the UK the release date for this particular format of the LTE3 release has been put back to 7th of May 2021'.

There we are then.

At least we now know.

Thanks, explains the lack of movement at the Shed :(

Wow. Yes! At about 48 seconds, I get some static lasting 5 or 6 seconds. Almost like surface noise from vinyl. I haven't listened beyond this, but I can confirm. Unacceptable. Very unfortunate, because the music is fantastic!
The release was delayed do to some issues with the pressing of the discs. I wonder if this is one of the issues and somehow missed in the quality check.

There seems to be an Easter Egg on the Blu-Ray. When I ripped it, I noticed an additional track that was not in the menus. I poked around and managed to access it. When on the "Play album" in the main menu, press left and "3" will be highlighted, giving you access to the studio video of Ya Mon from the second CD.

Last edited:
There seems to be an Easter Egg on the Blu-Ray. When I ripped it, I noticed an additional track that was not in the menus. I poked around and managed to access it. When on the "Play album" in the main menu, press right and "3" will be highlighted, giving you access to the studio video of Ya Mon from the second CD.

It's actually Left, not right. :LOL:
Thanks for the heads up

Yay, mine arrived today. :rocks

Playing it now.

Music....Superb
Visuals....Superb
Art Book ...Superb

Mix....Not quite Superb.

But is this one cool album or what!!
:cool:

Did somebody mention their rendition of Rhapsody in Blue?

Cor blimey boys and girls....I reckon George Gershwin's head would be doing a heavy metal session, to this version.

Wow. Yes! At about 48 seconds, I get some static lasting 5 or 6 seconds. Almost like surface noise from vinyl. I haven't listened beyond this, but I can confirm. Unacceptable. Very unfortunate, because the music is fantastic!
Anyone else getting a bit of distortion on the blu-ray stereo mix about a couple of minutes in on "Rhapsody in Blue"? It's not there on the surround mixes!

Did you contact with the seller or manufacturer? The sound of mine is ok however the disc is broken, only a little at the center, the inner ring, but it seems to be produced by the plastic holder of the earbook and I'm afraid this may cause the BD gets useless in the future.

BD.jpg

Did you contact with the seller or manufacturer? The sound of mine is ok however the disc is broken, only a little at the center, the inner ring, but it seems to be produced by the plastic holder of the earbook and I'm afraid this may cause the BD gets useless in the future.
As mentioned , it's only on the stereo version of the BD. The problem is not present in the surround mix and on the CD.

I found the 5.1 mix to be as spontaneous and helter skelter as the music with notes flying at you from everywhere at times.
At one point you're placed behind the drums with bass sounds moving around you, another time has the keyboards circling the room.
The only thing consistent in the mix is the inconsistency, which I think works perfect with the music to keep it fresh and engaging.
Rhapsody in blue is my choice for surround sound song of the year, if that's a thing.
I thought the bluray disc was a very enjoyable audio visual experience. If I have to complain about something it's that the night at the improv isn't on the bluray.

Back