Liquid Tension Experiment 3 in 5.1 (Mar 26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang. Amazon said my copy should arrive on April 20th. That will give more four days to soak in Jethro Tull A which is to arrive on the 16th. I hope the delay is not too long for the folks who ordered from Burning Shed.

It has arrived. 😁

20210414_154016.jpg

Only on the second track now. Music kicks butt. However, the mix so far isn't anything special. Not bad, but there is clearly so much more that could have been done with this kind of music.

It has arrived. 😁

View attachment 66021

Only on the second track now. Music kicks butt. However, the mix so far isn't anything special. Not bad, but there is clearly so much more that could have been done with this kind of music.

OK, the 5th track, "Chris and Kevin's Amazing Odyssey ", has some cool surround moments 😎.

I'm starting to worry as I preordered form Amazon Canada and it says it will be available on May 7th. I'm starting to wonder if I should order another copy from somewhere else (and pay expensive shipping to Canada) since the quantities are limited...

Just got mine from B-Moose. Nice packaging even though I'd have preferred a stand alone in a standard bluray case. I know I will like the music since I have had the first two LTE discs since they were released 20 years ago. The surround, good or bad, will just be icing.

I got mine from Fnac Spain, together with A. I'm still onto track 2, and the surround mix it's... interesting. There are definitely discreet moments on the rears, but they seem to be a bit unconnected with the fronts. What I don't like are the drums, that seem to create a mono image just in the front of the listening space.
Anyway, for now it's being a fun listen and I'd need some more before having an educated opinion on the album.

Back