Liquid Tension Experiment 3 in 5.1 (Mar 26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There seems to be an Easter Egg on the Blu-Ray. When I ripped it, I noticed an additional track that was not in the menus. I poked around and managed to access it. When on the "Play album" in the main menu, press left and "3" will be highlighted, giving you access to the studio video of Ya Mon from the second CD.
That was pretty cool. Would have missed it if you hadn’t mentioned it. Thanks!

The sound of mine is ok however the disc is broken, only a little at the center, the inner ring, but it seems to be produced by the plastic holder of the earbook and I'm afrai
Careful, discs spin up at a high rate of speed and have been known to come apart fairly violently.
Contact the seller about the defect.

Careful, discs spin up at a high rate of speed and have been known to come apart fairly violently.
Contact the seller about the defect.
Nothing to do for the moment.

Inside Out Music referred me to the shop where I bought the album and they (EMP-Online, an European online shop) told me I had to have told them in a couple of days after the recepcion of the parcel.

I will write Inside Out Music again but I'm afraid I will have to make a copy and keep the original BD without playing.

Thanks for your message anyway.

I love TLev and a couple of these guys...
now...
so many notes !!!!!!
I see no use in them...music , to me,
is goosebumps and none of these songs or tracks give me goosebumps...
aamof it reminds me of a high school /early college challenge...who has got the biggest penis?

Yes, there are some moments here and there that are cool , but overall, I prefer something like Sons of Apollo which, has got some soul to it...

I know of a lot of music that has a LOT of notes and they still manage to move me...this just don't do it for me.. I am HAPPY for people who appreciate this too...but it don't talk to me...maybe the charm is that it's sorta predictable...maybe one day I WILL appreciate this...

Apologies for the threadcrap, I know that if I ain't got anything nice to say I should keep it...however....what I mean to say is ...love you guys....

I thought Al DiMeola was fast, 😲 That Youtube video of the song, "Acid Rain" is hard to believe

so not reading the entire thread, where do you get it from? Seems like various posts say that it's still not available.

Last edited:
I finally listened/watched this last night. It was a mixed bag for me, mostly not on the good side. The music, albeit great, more or less sounds the same track after track. I had it turned up pretty loud and still still nodded off a bit.
I did appreciate the 5.1 DTS HD MSTR surround, was pretty good, had parts where instruments would go back in forth in rears.
The reason I bought this was I saw other posters show the cool visuals, but I was disappointed, even though I had a Blu Ray the visuals had the look of a DVD.
Not sure if I will watch/listen again. Not going to rip.

Spun this the other day with my brother… funny conversation ensued:

Wife: What the heck are you guys listening to? It sounds like evil carnival music. Like someone went to a carnival, at night, and started hallucinating and having a nervous breakdown.

Son: It sounds like you’re just listening to Mario Kart instead of playing it.

Brother: Yeah, it’s kinda like the music from a sizzle reel for the X-games. Skateboarding or BMX bikes.

Me: No way, it’s the music they play to try to keep you watching a 90 minute special about a live motorcycle jump over a canyon. Like when they’re explaining the odds and the angles and the wind speed and stuff.

Spun this the other day with my brother… funny conversation ensued:

Wife: What the heck are you guys listening to? It sounds like evil carnival music. Like someone went to a carnival, at night, and started hallucinating and having a nervous breakdown.

Son: It sounds like you’re just listening to Mario Kart instead of playing it.

Brother: Yeah, it’s kinda like the music from a sizzle reel for the X-games. Skateboarding or BMX bikes.

Me: No way, it’s the music they play to try to keep you watching a 90 minute special about a live motorcycle jump over a canyon. Like when they’re explaining the odds and the angles and the wind speed and stuff.

If you don't like it just say so, these are top notch musicians and I really like this stuff but making fun of music that is this good and more complex like most other genres made me react. No hard feelings, just had to get this off my chest.

If you don't like it just say so, these are top notch musicians and I really like this stuff but making fun of music that is this good and more complex like most other genres made me react. No hard feelings, just had to get this off my chest.

Totally fair, just having a laugh—kinda like when someone recently said that "We Have Heaven" off of Fragile by Yes, one of my favorite albums of all time, sounds like it should be playing on infinite repeat at an asylum. I thought that was hilarious! It's all super subjective and that's the fun of it... and things also hit us differently on different days. No harm intended. 😬

Totally fair, just having a laugh—kinda like when someone recently said that "We Have Heaven" off of Fragile by Yes, one of my favorite albums of all time, sounds like it should be playing on infinite repeat at an asylum. I thought that was hilarious! It's all super subjective and that's the fun of it... and things also hit us differently on different days. No harm intended. 😬
No harm done :bowing:

I wasn’t impressed by LTE3. I can’t even tell you why. Just a jam session.
But I really like the Transatlantic disc.

To each his own: I grew tired of Dream Theater 20 years ago, but I like LTE. And what I heard of Transatlantic left me indifferent.

I prefer LTE too and I only bought Transatlantic album for the surround mix. However Dream Theater are still my favourite and I buy every album they record. Just like JanBakker said above, it's a matter of taste.

I found the complexity and intellectual side of the music quite fascinating as they had to likely practice a bunch to get all of those sections of music to click together and I can't imagine the drummer able to keep track of a 64 bar solo. But starting out being a drummer back in junior high school find Mike's drumming very exciting.

The new Justin Beiber song has 285 million hits on youtube while rhapsody in blue has a little over 100K. That's the way it is and has been. Figures show I buy the wrong music all the time. That's why I just preordered the new Lost Symphony album instead of the latest from Billie Eilish.
As my dear departed Dad used to say.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU KIDS LISTENING TO.
Me - IT'S CALLED ROCK AND ROLL DAD.
Dad - NO ITS CALLED NOISE, TURN IT DOWN.
Some things never change.

Back