Liquid Tension Experiment 3 in 5.1 (Mar 26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have received a second copy of the Blu-ray of LTE3. For me it suffers from the same problem when playing on my Oppo 95 - the DTS HD MA codec is silent and then bursts into music for a second or two, only to go back to silence. The LPCM 5.1 and 2.0 codecs are perfectly fine. I have never experienced a playback issue like this before. So, curious if anyone else has had this problem with LTE3? From my perspective, there is an issue with the mastering of this disc.

I have received a second copy of the Blu-ray of LTE3. For me it suffers from the same problem when playing on my Oppo 95 - the DTS HD MA codec is silent and then bursts into music for a second or two, only to go back to silence. The LPCM 5.1 and 2.0 codecs are perfectly fine. I have never experienced a playback issue like this before. So, curious if anyone else has had this problem with LTE3? From my perspective, there is an issue with the mastering of this disc.
I'm curious to know if it has the problem on the stereo version of Rhapsody In Blue at 48 seconds.

Is your problem similar to this thread?
What type of receiver do you have?

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...nd-dts-5-1-problems-on-recent-br-disks.23235/
Have your tried changing setting on Oppo to always export PCM over HDMI

Denon amp -but I am running analog surround RCA outputs between the Oppo 95 and the amp. After reading the thread you shared, it reminded me why I didn't want to use the HDMI handshake. However, I do use that for video obviously, and maybe somehow it is blocking the audio. I am pleased that the LPCM layer works without fault.

Yes - it has the crackling at about 48 seconds. Only present on the stereo version, not the surround. As noted above, I am using analog outs from the Oppo 95. So, my perspective is this is certainly a mastering error.
Confirmed! I've this crackling too.
DTS-HD MA 5.1 plays very well on my Pioneer.

I wanted to get back to this thread.
I am playing my Blu Ray LTE using a Panasonic DP-UB9000P-K with no issues in the 5.1, start to finish.
I checked the stereo 48 seconds in on Rhapsody In Blue, I could hear the same crackling noises, didn't last that long.
I am amazed at how good you guys are at finding these little things, keep up the good work.

Back