List the speakers you have

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this is the right thread for this:
I just received an email from SVS about a price reduction on a few of their subwoofers.

https://www.svsound.com/pages/subwoofers

I have no attachment to them commercially or any other way, apart from owning 2 of their elevation speakers.
I just thought it might help any folks who are possibly looking at renewing their subs.
Please delete if inappropriate.

There are things in this thread that make me feel like Ms. Low-fi. I've been meaning to add my 2 cents for weeks.

In the forseeable future, the Mission sub in bedroom is the only speaker I expect to replace.

Caveat: I'm too damn lazy to list all the #'s. You'll see them all if/when the "your gear" listings can be retrieved.

MAIN SYSTEM:
4 MISSION 775 towers
every time I connect/disconnect these, I look at those multiple binding posts, I consider all the wonderul and expensive Active crossover stuff. Maybe some day. Amps/preamp are connected with balanced lines and 12v triggers.
Mission matching center
REL T-9 sub
B&K preamp/amps 250w/ch x 2 200w/ch x 3

Bedroom:
4 Polk L20e bookshelf
Mission sub
(phantom center)
Denon AVR-3801 110w/ch x 7

Rec Room:
2 Philips 3-ways
2 Electro-Voice 3-ways (rear)
Decoupled from floor w/AR speaker stands
Marantz Quad w/SQA-2b
4 big, hunkin' 12" 3 way "bookshelf speakers." Better reinforce those shelves!!

Joe's Office (bedroom):
Sony HTIB (plays SACD)
5 speakers
1 sub (passive)

I inherited the HTIB from my late dad. The price was right.

We also have some Kenwood 2-way bookshelf speakers. I bought these for my folks as a Christmas present 40 years ago.

Car Fi:
Linda's Convertible:
CD/DVD/DVD-A/NAV
7 Boston Acoustic
Boston Sub

Saturn:
Alpine CD
4 Infinity speakers
JL Labs 12" sub w/box

Joe's car:
2018 Ford factory stuff

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Linda???:eek: Nothing in the Bathrooms?? For shame :LOL:

I have a Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 setup in my home office (it's a really small space, the speakers are arranged in a 8'x6' area), and a Klipsch 7.1 setup in my living room. I get a lot more listening done in my office though, and I'm thinking of switching them. Problem is, in my office the centre speaker is hanging from above, so that it's not blocked by my computer screen, and i think it's messing up the sound stage a bit. Not sure how to resolve this.

Word to the young people on here- when you get a really great sounding set of speakers that make you want to listen to your entire music collection, don't sell them to buy more sh^t you don't need. I'm going next Friday to meet my old boss who I sold 2 pairs of big Mirage speakers to, and try to get him to sell them back to me. He got my massive Crown Macro Reference amp as well. If I could only live this life over, I would change 70% of it for sure.

Some nice systems here:
Dedicated theater\music room 7.2
LCR: Salk HT-2 monitors to be replaced by 3 Selah Audio Tempesta Mk IIs. DIY project have to build them.
Side Surrounds: Axiom Audio QS-8s
Rear Surrounds: Ellis Audio 1801Bs
Subs: SVSound CS-Ultra 12"

Living Room:
Revel Studio2s
Adding 2 Rythmik 15" subs in January.

I've always resisted becoming a "Fan Boy" of one particular brand, but admire people who have only one brand of speakers throughout their house keeping the same voicing that they are happy with. There are just so many enjoyable models out there to experience. But I have 2 pair of Clements RT -7 speakers that I have owned for 25 years, so I've got that going for me, as Bill Murray in Caddy shack said.

One thing about mine, I have had them like 18 yrs now, never abused, and cared for still kick ass. But, I plan on replacing the drivers and tweeters -upgrade them. Those cabinets will last for beyond me. Some told me they were old, ya they are but still hold up. very clear and present. The real test is when you get a few beers in you and want loud, and it doesn't hurt the ears when you juice it!!

In my surround system, Maggie 3.7 and MMG’s, in stereo systems Wilson Alexia 2’s and the new JBL L-100 classics
At the 2013 CES Show, the 3.7's with the extra bass modules were the best sounding speakers there, better than Focal Grand Utopia, MBL Extreme...just surely fool a blind man into thinking it was live musicians in the room. Living on Social Security will prevent me from ever owning a pair. Congrats on being able to enjoy all those magnificent speakers you have.

Well, space being the issue (WAF too...) I migrated from a pair of JMLabs (Focal) Cobalt 816 to a full set of Focal Domes...
I don't think I've lost much in quality, but I'm back in 5.1 :51QQ

Update as I bought a set of Magnepan 3.7 speakers today which will be my front mains, moving the Clements RT -7 speakers to the rear surround position. This is the previous owners room filled with Macintosh equipment. He had a new Macintosh 275 tube amp on the 3.7's and it was weak.
00c0c_atypwj5Wr9S_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
At the 2013 CES Show, the 3.7's with the extra bass modules were the best sounding speakers there, better than Focal Grand Utopia, MBL Extreme...just surely fool a blind man into thinking it was live musicians in the room. Living on Social Security will prevent me from ever owning a pair. Congrats on being able to enjoy all those magnificent speakers you have.
Update as I bought a set of Magnepan 3.7 speakers today which will be my front mains...

hobie1dog, I'm very happy to see that you did not let frivolous financial obstructions such as eating and bill paying interfere with attaining audio nirvana.

Original owner stuff Snell Acoustics Type E/II in front
Sansui Sp-2500X in the rear
Sansui 2 SP-35 center channel
From a Sansui QRX-7500

Mains in the den are Polk Audio Monitor 5. One in each corner next to the overhead. Scattered about the house are 14 Polk Audio r1's, r10's and r15's

Back