Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jewel Box - Elton John 8 CD
Just arrived and I began with disc 8. Is it 🤔 me, or do some of these remasters add some reverb?

Linda, don't have this box set but in general, the reviews at AmazonUS are VERY favorable except this one:

Reviewed in the United States on November 14, 2020
Verified Purchase
The sound quality is POOR. Recorded at levels so low I needed to turn up my CD player almost to the max. COME ON EMI. This set is unique with the "Rarities" discs (3, 4 & 5). If you're a fan you probably already have the "B-Sides" discs (6 & 7). Other than that the remaining discs are of little value if you already have Elton's catalogue. This isn't even a good box set to get an introduction to Elton John. I've never been so disappointed in an official release...and I have EVERYTHING he's ever officially released and I've seen him in concert over 20 times since 1976. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Linda, don't have this box set but in general, the reviews at AmazonUS are VERY favorable except this one:

Reviewed in the United States on November 14, 2020
Verified Purchase
The sound quality is POOR. Recorded at levels so low I needed to turn up my CD player almost to the max. COME ON EMI. This set is unique with the "Rarities" discs (3, 4 & 5). If you're a fan you probably already have the "B-Sides" discs (6 & 7). Other than that the remaining discs are of little value if you already have Elton's catalogue. This isn't even a good box set to get an introduction to Elton John. I've never been so disappointed in an official release...and I have EVERYTHING he's ever officially released and I've seen him in concert over 20 times since 1976. SAVE YOUR MONEY.
It's good if the level is low, most newer CDs are brickwall limited, to sound as loud (and terrible) as possible. People are getting used to the ridiculously high levels from CD's, just turn the volume up, that's what it's there for, enjoy the wide dynamic range that CD's are capable of!!

This CD is from the Perry Farell box set Glamor and Glitz. Song Yet To Be Sung.
Easy to listen to.
R-391381-1255469121.jpeg.jpg

Back