Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nazareth - Loud N Proud

download (77).jpg

9E886962-7C6E-4975-ACDF-09CD1460A12D.jpeg

Paul McCartney - Egypt Station
Great album, with worthwhile bonus tracks
Lots of really good tunes with simple but effective lyrics.
The sound is a bit gritty and loose but that didn’t distract from my enjoyment.

Mahavishnu Orchestra ‎– Unreleased Tracks From Between Nothingness & Eternity
If you liked the standard release of
Between Nothingness & Eternity
you owe it to yourself to check this out.
It's a wild ride with blazing solo's all around.
Maybe it was just a little too intense for the general audience.
I love it. Give it a listen.

View attachment 63375
I never got that as it was only available as mp3

Have you heard Mahavishnu Orchestra – The Lost Trident Sessions (1999, CD) - Discogs its great.
Recorded at Trident Studios, London, England / June 25-29, 1973.
All tracks previously unreleased.
1613665377120.png

Mahavishnu Orchestra– Lost Trident Sessions
"Originally only rumored to exist The Lost Trident Sessions represent the 3rd masterpiece album which unfortunately was lost and hidden in the Columbia Records vaults for over 25 years"

"Bootleggers had inferior sounding copies in circulation floating about costing loads of money and being hailed as Jazz's holy grail. Finally the tapes have re-surfaced and have been incredibly re-mastered sounding fresh and very clean"

Last edited:
Brian Eno ‎– Nerve Net

Musicians (partial list)

"By far the most techno "out there" Eno ever..
Extra tasty trip-hop/kraut-rock with hypnotic grooves, loads of breathy synthesizers and cyber-mutated guitar distortions.
Filtered vocals add some inventive textures here and there. The mood is both placid and tense, with some sort of "biologic" sense of evolution. Like bacteria reproducing and eating themselves. Sort of...."

unnamed.jpg

Cluster & Eno – Cluster & Eno

"Brian Eno was certainly instrumental in creating and popularizing the concept of "ambient music" -- but it was not his invention alone. The German musicians Hans-Joachim Roedelius and Dieter Moebius (Cluster) were brothers in spirit.
Elegant & diverse. From Indian sitar and tamboura, to synth warbles and airy tributes to Western groove, it is a rare glimpse at what happens when masters meet"

71oq5HtB3gL._SL1200_.jpg

Neu! – Neu!

Album details - Dynamic Range Database

"Upon hearing "Hallo Gallo," the first track on Neu I immediately recognized a sound much more refined but similar to that of Opa-Loka (Hawkwind)
"Hallo Gallo" is a masterpiece of rhythm: tight drums, funky guitar scratch, a coolly insistent bassline, futuro synths, and effects-laden guitar slinging wide acid-fried launches into deep space
"

79b77bb2.jpg

Steve Hillage ‎– Motivation Radio

Album details - Dynamic Range Database

"Although Hillage's Canterbury scene roots are undisputed, this album firmly establishes him as a strong figure of Space Rock.
Wonderful space jams, amazing guitar and synth sounds with a help of his wife Micquette's vocal whispers make Hillage produce this highly accomplished album which I must recommend to all psyche/space lunatics out there...."

81BME+SsxWL._SL1300_.jpg

Eivind Aarset – Sonic Codex

"Sonic Codex rocks harder than on previous discs. It has more in common with progressive rock than it does the post-Miles electricity of Electronique Noire.
Aarset is usually such a vivid colorist that, without the benefit of seeing him, it's often difficult to discern exactly what sounds are coming from his complex array of effects, samplers and looping devices"

602517412453.jpg

Back