Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No-Man - Love you to bits (2019).

It seems to nicely lead up to Steven Wilson's "The Future Bites." BTW, why no surround sound version of this one?

Oh man, rode it hard last night, drink and loud music, I am not really in shape for that type of shenanigans.
Need to start today mellow and Laid Back.
R-1763893-1588176868-6924.jpeg.jpg

I wish I could say that for this particular compilation. I haven’t played it in a long time and it hurt my ears listening to it. That’s how bad it sounds. I’m hoping for remastered versions of all their albums in the future. Hopefully, deluxe editions with extra tracks.
Sorry to hear that @Perpendicular
Thankfully I was buying the vinyl as it was released. I've got a bunch of promo 12" remixes.

Area
Gli Dei Se Ne Vanno, Gli Arrabbiati Restano!
("The gods depart, the angry remain!")

"Area can be downright obnoxious, throwing all matter of styles and heavy funk together. These guys have the chops to compete with anyone.
Track after track of smokin percussion, keys, horns and bass in an experimental jazz soup"

91qitcrtGML._SL1500_.jpg

Hedvig Mollestad ‎– Ekhidna

"This is quite a brilliant mixed bag of progressive jazz fusion and heavy rock.
It's ramming at the gates separating jazz, heavy metal, and avant-prog.
I suppose jazz is the only name for it. It is as delirious as heavy metal, but far too complex to be any sort of rock. Most of the time her playing sounds as if she wants to set herself on fire"

hedvig-mollestad-27042013-05.jpg

SFF ‎–Schicke Fuhrs & Frohling
– Symphonic Pictures

"Some of the compositions are close to Symphonic Progressive with tons of fantastic Mellotron work, melodic guitars and superb use of the Moog synthesizer and the clavinet.
There are also lots of passages with pure Classical approach"

71zTcKqQyKL._SL1000_.jpg

Allan Holdsworth ‎– Heavy Machinery

Add a little metal to the mix:

"This is one of those special projects that doesn't happen often, when a few marvelous players get together to do a truly liberated collection of music.
Three awesome dudes in the same room weaving some spankin' fusion jams. This mercurial combination makes Heavy Machinery one of the hottest and hippest instrumental albums"

unnamed.jpg

Back