Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
redbook channel here at work. thanks MFSL for making work even more enjoyable...

View attachment 65890
How did you get that one so fast? I only received an email that is was available on Friday. So, I went to order it and, according to the Music Direct Website, it was already sold out and wouldn’t be back in stock for 4-6 weeks. Yesterday, I ordered it off the MoFi Website along with Still Crazy After All These Years. Same company. Why the discrepancy for in stock?

cbmmm3

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I think its because of my good looks and charm. LOL. Actually I do not know why but I get all their releases super early. This helps balance out all my 'slow boat from' orders .....like the Ultravox box that took 3 months from shipping release date that I ordered on first day to order.....

Last edited:

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I think its because of my good looks and charm. LOL. Actually I do not know why but I get all their releases super early. This helps balance out all my 'slow boat from' orders .....like the Ultravox box that took 3 months from shipping release date that I ordered on first day to order.....
Do your orders ship from MoFi or Music Direct?

If I ordered via Music Direct, I would have received free shipping. With MoFi, I paid $10.00.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I’ll just wait for importcds. I always felt numbering the discs were a bunch of bullshit anyway. So, I can give a rats ass what number I end up with. No number is better...LOL
ImportCD now lists Still Crazy After All These Years @ $31.55 [ABOVE retail] + s/h and sales tax. List Price is $29.98 NOT $39.98 as indicated by ImportCD!!!!!

Last edited:

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I order from MoFi
Now, this makes me wonder if they ship the MoFi orders directly from their headquarters in Northern California, since that’s the only label they stock versus MD. If so, that’s probably why they may charge extra for shipping, due to some unknown reason.

I remember the last time I was on the phone with a CSR with MD, I asked her if they own MoFi, why the discrepancy in the in-stock items between the two Websites. She told me that the MoFi Website takes a while to update. Although, the way she said it, it was a nonchalant answer. Knowing what I know (I used to create Websites), her answer didn’t make much sense.

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
ImportCD now lists Still Crazy After All These Years @ $31.55 [ABOVE retail] + s/h and sales tax. List Price is $29.98 NOT $39.98 as indicated by ImportCD!!!!!
My original plan was to order from importcds but I got worried the Paul Simon disc would sell out fast and didn’t want to wait. Then, I saw the APP disc and noticed MoFi was the only place that showed in stock.

Side note: It would be interesting to hear how many Eye In The Sky discs they sell. There are a few different mastering versions out there already. It better sound damn good!

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Gin Blossoms - Up And Crumbling (1991 A&M Records)

I used to have New Miserable Experience too but either gave it away or sold it less than a year after its release. This one is all I got left.

1618263659189.jpeg

Track list:

1) Mrs. Rita
2) Allison Road
3) Angels Tonight
4) Just South Of Nowhere
5) Keli Richards

I think this was their EP that lead up to the album New Miserable Experience. I don’t like the fact that the snare drum is recorded too hot in the mix. In fact, it sounds like a cowbell. Otherwise, good songs.

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
A couple of hours ago, I received a shipping notice from MoFi for the Paul Simon and APP discs. They’re being shipped from Music Direct in Chicago. I’m kind of starting to lose respect for the way they do business, charging shipping on one site, but offering free shipping on another. Now, that’s on top of them already advertising out of stock status on the MD Website. 🤬

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
A couple of hours ago, I received a shipping notice from MoFi for the Paul Simon and APP discs. They’re being shipped from Music Direct in Chicago. I’m kind of starting to lose respect for the way they do business, charging shipping on one site, but offering free shipping on another. Now, that’s on top of them already advertising out of stock status on the MD Website. 🤬
Wow. So, I preorderred from importCD, and they say release date is 4/16. So, MD release date is several days sooner?

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Wow. So, I preorderred from importCD, and they say release date is 4/16. So, MD release date is several days sooner?
MD is the first to get them because they own and distribute the MoFi product. I thought you knew that? It takes a bit to distribute the discs to dealers, etc.