(1991) BMG Records

1AFBDB5D-9B47-4671-B615-FEAD2DE725C9.jpeg
image.jpg

Audiowannabee

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Elvis Presley
The Great Performances

"All tracks in mono unless * for stereo"

1st song my happiness sounds like old record w pops n clicks :)

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
it's curious...a lot of members here actually enjoy the CD counterpart of so many albums that , to my ears the LP kicks their ASS big time..maybe I am more sensitive to that upper frequency spectrum, and maybe that is why you guys enjoy the totally scewed up sounding MQA mixes of those...(this last part is intended as a joke)

Which_One_Is_Pink

800 Club - QQ All-Star
I have this one on pre~order from ImportCD. Am not familiar with this album. What's your take?

I think it is a worthy Camel album though I prefer the more proggy spacy efforts of "Camel" thru "Moonmadness as "Rain Dances" tends to be a little more Canterburyish jazzproggy affair probably due to the addition of Richard Sinclair from Caravan, but it is still a very enjoyable album. This is the first time I have owned a physical copy as I only made it up to "Moonmadness" in physical form back in the day but did get a mp3 of this a while back but probably only listened to it a couple of times or so back then. I did get reacquainted with it when I started listening to internet prog stations so when the SACD's of "Moonmadness" and Rain Dances" popped up I said why not and got both. So while I prefer the earlier albums I still like "Rain Dances" quite a bit.