Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burt Bacharach [A&M Records/Japanese Import] Fantastic remaster

See the source image

Burt Bacharach REACH OUT [A&M Records/Japanese Import] One of my all time FAVS

See the source image

Last edited:
Blackberry Smoke is one of my favorite current bands, I keep purchasing there new releases as they come out. This CD released 5/28/2021 has new music that sounds great with great music and song writing. Typical DR's that sound great in the car, 5's and 6's. Southern Rock. You Hear Georgia. Sometimes I get confused with Dynamic Range, even these low numbers sound fantastic on my home rig.
View attachment 67499
Unlike us, marpow, these fellows are no spring chickens... ;)

The Tubes - Genius Of America

Wikipedia: Genius of America is the eighth and most recent studio album to date by The Tubes and marked their return to the studio for the first time since 1985's Love Bomb. The band self-produced the album and is their first body of work to include Gary Cambra. The album was released on October 15, 1996. A CD featuring re-mixed versions of the songs plus two bonus tracks was released in Europe in 1999 as Hoods from Outer Space.

Interesting that the Wikipedia listing does not show that track 4 (How Can You Live With Yourself) is Produced by Richard Marx who also co-wrote the song with Fee Waybill.

1622360354479.jpeg

The Beach Boys - 1967 Sunshine Tomorrow

Wikipedia: 1967 – Sunshine Tomorrow is a compilation album recorded by American Rock band the Beach Boys and released by Capitol Records on June 30, 2017. It consists of previously unreleased tracks largely stemming from the group's 1967 album Wild Honey. Included is the album's first ever complete stereo mix, various live renditions of its songs, outtakes, session highlights, and additional material sourced from Smiley Smile (1967) and the unreleased live effort Lei'd in Hawaii, both of which immediately preceded the Wild Honey sessions.

1622410990280.jpeg
1622411213522.jpeg

Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe

Wikipedia: Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe is the only studio album by the English progressive rock band Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe, released in June 1989 on Arista Records.

The project began in 1988. At that time vocalist Jon Anderson had felt artistically constrained within Yes's current format, where the songwriting of Trevor Rabin had taken the band in a commercially very successful but musically and lyrically different direction. Anderson regrouped with Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman and Bill Bruford. Bruford, who had at various times been a member of King Crimson, recruited his Crimson bandmate Tony Levin as their bassist. The group was unable to use the name Yes for legal reasons. However, the group did have Arista assign the catalog number of 90126 to the original releases of the CD and cassette. This was a subtle way of stamping this as the next Yes album after 90125 (1983).

Pre-production recording took place at La Frette Studios near Paris with Anderson putting down an outline of much of the album's songs with guitarist Milton McDonald. Anderson notably built on several demos provided by Howe, some of which Howe released on his solo album Homebrew (1996) and subsequent releases. Recording then relocated at AIR Studios on the island of Montserrat with Wakeman, Bruford and Levin. Most of the album was recorded using C-Lab's Notator software. Howe recorded his guitar parts separately at SARM West Studios in London. Mixing took place at Bearsville Studios in Bearsville, New York.

1622418434712.jpeg
image.jpg

Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe

Wikipedia: Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe is the only studio album by the English progressive rock band Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe, released in June 1989 on Arista Records.

The project began in 1988. At that time vocalist Jon Anderson had felt artistically constrained within Yes's current format, where the songwriting of Trevor Rabin had taken the band in a commercially very successful but musically and lyrically different direction. Anderson regrouped with Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman and Bill Bruford. Bruford, who had at various times been a member of King Crimson, recruited his Crimson bandmate Tony Levin as their bassist. The group was unable to use the name Yes for legal reasons. However, the group did have Arista assign the catalog number of 90126 to the original releases of the CD and cassette. This was a subtle way of stamping this as the next Yes album after 90125 (1983).

Pre-production recording took place at La Frette Studios near Paris with Anderson putting down an outline of much of the album's songs with guitarist Milton McDonald. Anderson notably built on several demos provided by Howe, some of which Howe released on his solo album Homebrew (1996) and subsequent releases. Recording then relocated at AIR Studios on the island of Montserrat with Wakeman, Bruford and Levin. Most of the album was recorded using C-Lab's Notator software. Howe recorded his guitar parts separately at SARM West Studios in London. Mixing took place at Bearsville Studios in Bearsville, New York.

View attachment 67553
View attachment 67552

hey Perps

there actually was another ABWH album that never found its way to completion. But - its 'out there' in semi raw form. fyi. Your post is a great reminder of what a great album this is. thank you

I remember enjoying Lloyd Cole in the late 80s and early / mid 90s. Had not revisited his catalog until recently. A little older ( and - maybe? - wiser- up for
debate..... ) that I am now, I am blown away by a lot of his material. Great song writing, musicianship and Production. Here is a stellar release

badvibes.jpg

Back