Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
IMG_0014.JPG

Continuing through the Fleetwood Mac box set with 1971's Future Games

Bought this on vinyl (with the green cover) in the early 80's as I began to explore their pre Buckingam/Nicks albums.
Been a very long time since I played it, don't think I ever realized how good it is.
Unfortunately though the sound is as murky and muffled as ever, too bad they couldn't open it up a bit during the remastering process. The alternate takes actually sound better.
All and all, an early Fleetwood Mac treasure.

The Rang

IMG_0015.JPG

Next from the Fleetwood Mac box: Bare Trees

I have the original CD but can't have played it much, none of this sounds familiar.
Very good album, definitely heading more in a pop direction.
Unlike Future Games which sounds muffled, this remaster is bright.
Unfortunately, despite the enthusiasm of some about the remastering, so far I'm finding most of these aren't that great.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Beaver and Krause GANDHARVA: The Celestial Musician {Warner Brothers RBCD} Tracks 6 through 10 were recorded in San Francisco's GRACE CATHEDRAL with the participation of Bud Shank [flute, alto sax] and Gerry Mulligan [baritone sax]

Gandharva was recorded QUADRAPHONICALLY....would make a TRIPPY/SUBLIME QUAD SACD!

Gandharva. Warner Bros. WS-1909 (EV) [US, Cabada, Venezuela], QP-8177W
(QS) [Japan], K 46130 (EV) [UK]

Last edited:

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
View attachment 67563

Continuing through the Fleetwood Mac box set with 1971's Future Games

Bought this on vinyl (with the green cover) in the early 80's as I began to explore their pre Buckingam/Nicks albums.
Been a very long time since I played it, don't think I ever realized how good it is.
Unfortunately though the sound is as murky and muffled as ever, too bad they couldn't open it up a bit during the remastering process. The alternate takes actually sound better.
All and all, an early Fleetwood Mac treasure.
I remember buying the yellow cover in high school from the local record store and very shortly after the green cover came out. The two owners of the record store who where in there 20's said that they probably made the switch because you could see the green cover easier in the record bin?

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
One of the GREAT CTI masterpieces: Gerry Mulligan/Chet Baker CARNEGIE HALL CONCERT [CTI/Columbia Mastersound/24K Gold CD]
CONTAINS A PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACK [Super Bit Mapping]

See the source image

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I have promo LP's of Mulligan/Baker. They were released as two separate albums. This Gold CD has both.
IMO, Linda, this album is as great if not better than the often released JIM HALL CONCIERTO and needs a proper SACD remaster. Until that time, this GOLD CD sounds wonderful. Perhaps D~V can obtain the rights.

The Rang

Superior Sound of Elton John (remixed greatest hits) German CD

Live 1961-2000 - Dylan 16 track Sony Japan live compilation
Wow, haven’t played Superior Sound of in probably 25 years.
Always liked it even though I’m not generally a remix fan (unless SW is involved).
Must dig it out for a spin