Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Ella Fitzgerald DEARLY BELOVED: 83 EXPERTLY REMASTERED TRACKS on 4 RBCDs w/47 page glossy booklet in a slipcase. Whether it was a faux pas or not, I was able to score this set for $7 from Deep Discount, brand new. AmazonUS' current price $58!!!!! Made in the UK.

Last edited:

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
4F78ABB9-8B4F-4B8A-B0F9-9FCC17FEB471.jpeg

Cheap Trick - Woke Up With a Monster

Decided to listen to one of Cheap Trick’s newer albums (“newer” meaning post Epic Records) so I pulled this out and laughed when I saw it was released in 1994.
Their only album for Warner Brothers and it stiffed at the time supposedly due to lack of promotion.
That may be the case but I’m not convinced it would have made a difference. It starts slowly and though it has 3 good tracks in the middle, overall the album isn’t that great.

Edit: I need to amend this somewhat . Wrote the post during track 9. Sure enough, tracks 10 and especially 11 are great, so gotta bump up the enthusiasm rating

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Mr. Big LEAN INTO IT [EVOSOUND 2 DISC MQA~CD Remaster] Contains the original album and a second bonus disc of alternate versions including a Reggae version of To Be With You. Very Cool and the sonics are fantastic. Only $16 @ Deep Discount for a 2 MQA~CD set!

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
For the life of me, I cannot figure out why it’s taking so long to stock the MQA-CD at Amazon. I think I’m done ordering a lot of my new discs off Amazon. :mad:
I received an email the other day from Deep Discount that ONLY the MQA~2 disc CD set was being shipped and today, I not only received that set but also ONE and the SACD of Mr. Big's Lean Into it. I also think Deep Discount has better pricing than Amazon on music discs in general.

BTW, Perp, Amazon's current price on that 2 disc MQA set is almost DOUBLE what I paid @ Deep Discount and NO coupons were applied:

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I’ve been ordering most of my new release discs at importcds. With the exception of the Bryan Ferry and Styx MQA-CD’s, I haven’t ordered anything from Amazon Japan either. I think I‘ve used Deep Discount once and popmarket once via discogs. I’ve made a decision to order directly at Rubellan Remasters for their releases going forward too. I remember when I used to get new releases from Amazon, right on release day.