Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time ever listen. Not a bad group that I’ve never heard of. So far, first song has a bit of piercing midrange sound to it on the lead vocal.

1628985992746.jpeg

Hawkwind – Church Of Hawkwind

"Unlike your typical Hawkwind this dials back the space rock elements substantially. Instead it focuses on an ambient electronic approach.
The end result is an intriguing musical trip that offers extensive early examples of the use of sampling and other synthesiser techniques in a rock context"

PXL_20210816_022420481.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20210816_022213894.PORTRAIT.jpg

EC741489-4946-45CD-9A5E-4E28E6550DFE.jpeg

Canned Heat - Cookbook

First album I’ve owned by these guys.
Knew the 2 big hits and nothing else.
Prefer the tracks sung by Bob Hite, Alan “Blind Owl” Wilson (who ironically sang the biggest hits) should have been kept away from the mic IMO.
The sound on this Iconoclassic is good for its age. Another successful job by Vic Anesini

IMG_0042.JPG
Laura Nyro - Smile

Iconoclassic version.
I don't doubt her talent and she wrote some great songs.
But gotta be honest, when she does the falsetto thing I find it really grating.
So her music is mixed bag for me. I liked about half this album, the other half not so much.
But I respect her enough to maybe try more

The Police: EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE: THE STUDIO RECORDINGS [A&M/POLYDOR/6 RBCDs in Sturdy Clamshell box w/glossy booklet]

Every Move You Make: The Studio Recordings on CD
Following the 40th anniversary vinyl box, The Police present a limited edition 6-CD box set edition, featuring all five studio albums + a bonus disc This package includes six full-color gatefold CD digi-pak wallets housed in a ‘lift-off lid clamshell’ style box. Also includes an exclusive bonus 12-track disc – ‘Flexible Strategies’ comprised of non-album b-sides (including very rare remix of ‘Truth Hits Everybody’). This collection was remastered at Abbey Road Studios.

Re-mastered at Abbey Road Studios by Miles Showell, the world’s leading exponent of half-speed mastering, this limited-edition set celebrates the 40th anniversary of the multi-million selling band’s first album, Outlandos d’Amour. It also contains rare and unseen images from the band's personal archives.

51YlVWR6Z0L._AC_.jpg

The Police: EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE: THE STUDIO RECORDINGS [A&M/POLYDOR/6 RBCDs in Sturdy Clamshell box w/glossy booklet]

Every Move You Make: The Studio Recordings on CD
Following the 40th anniversary vinyl box, The Police present a limited edition 6-CD box set edition, featuring all five studio albums + a bonus disc This package includes six full-color gatefold CD digi-pak wallets housed in a ‘lift-off lid clamshell’ style box. Also includes an exclusive bonus 12-track disc – ‘Flexible Strategies’ comprised of non-album b-sides (including very rare remix of ‘Truth Hits Everybody’). This collection was remastered at Abbey Road Studios.

Re-mastered at Abbey Road Studios by Miles Showell, the world’s leading exponent of half-speed mastering, this limited-edition set celebrates the 40th anniversary of the multi-million selling band’s first album, Outlandos d’Amour. It also contains rare and unseen images from the band's personal archives.

51YlVWR6Z0L._AC_.jpg
(y)
As I recall, this was very reasonably priced. My copy (shipped from Ireland) showed up in my mailbox yesterday. Looking forward to spinning (and ripping) these see-dees.

(y)
As I recall, this was very reasonably priced. My copy (shipped from Ireland) showed up in my mailbox yesterday. Looking forward to spinning (and ripping) these see-dees.

I purchased it from AmazonUK upon release and the delivered price to the US was $21 .... an incredible bargain for such HIGH quality!

Back