Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Quad Linda

Staff member
Livin' Inside Your Love - George Benson
Some fantastic musicians: Klugh, Foster, Dalto, Gadd, McDonald, Lee, Upchurch, Mainieri & Phillinganes.

Great jazz/pop, similar to Breezin. Wonderful arrangements of Love is a Hurtin' Thing, Hey Girl, Unchained Melody, Love Ballad, A Change is Gonna Come and Soulful Strut.

I like the CD's sound. I bought it on 2 LP's when it came out in '79. They're short LP sides, so the mastering is rather good. You NEED it!

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
IMG_0052.JPG
Fingerprintz - The Best of: Bullet Proof Heart

Compilation by this (nearly) forgotten UK band from the late 70's/early 80's.
Great power pop, nicely done by Rubellan Remasters

Hamilton59

Good Thursday Morning People !
Starting today off with an oldie from my family/childhood....

The Anita Kerr Singers - All You Need Is Love

1632398603829.png
I started to compose my own description but then opted for this blurb from Singers.com website...

"In the 1950s and '60s, the Anita Kerr Singers were one of the most popular group of backup vocalists in all of country music, appearing on countless recordings by renowned Nashville artists. Kerr was the group's leader, but was joined by alto Dottie Dillard, tenor Gil Wright, and baritone Louis Nunley, as the quartet initially gained attention by performing on the NBC radio program Sunday Down South in the early '50s, which led to a contract with Decca Records. In 1956, the Anita Kerr Singers landed a spot on the New York-based Arthur Godfrey Talent Scouts TV show, which led to further broadcast appearances (although the group never let their session work for others subside). Around the same time, Chet Atkins (then the head of RCA Records' country division) took the group under his wing, which led to the quartet appearing on countless recordings by renowned artists. The Singers continued to record and tour straight through the '60s, even managing to issue several of their own albums, including Anita Kerr Singers Reflect on the Hits of Burt Bacharach & Hal David, Velvet Voices and Bold Brass, and Simon & Garfunkel Songbook, among others.

Directed by Anita Kerr.

Awards
1967 - Grammy Winners - Best Performance by a Vocal Group - Anita Kerr - A Man and a Woman
1966 - Grammy Winners - Best Performance by a Vocal Group - Anita Kerr - We Dig Mancini "​

Hamilton59

Well that was fun. Their versions of Holiday, Never My Love, How Can I Be Sure, and The Look of Love are all just excellent!
I'm going to stay with them for one more album...

Anita Kerr With the Anita Kerr Singers - Favorites

1632403111825.png 1632403135353.png

cbmmm3

QQ Supporter
Genesis The Last Domino ?
It is no longer a question and the question mark can be removed. This is indeed the last hurrah. The Last Domino. Confirmed by the band.
Think of their career, their variety in music, their live shows and their now expensive 5.1 SACD boxsets ! We can sit here and argue that Gabriel was better,
Phil top 40'd the band ......yada yada yada blah blah blah. Bottom line - they are an incredible band with some incredible music
They are on tour in Europe right now and North America soon. And then That's All.

genesislastdomino.jpg

Last edited:

cbmmm3

QQ Supporter