Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Johnny A's first two albums were the freakin' bomb! Both feature incredible music and fidelity.

As a fellow 6 string mangler, J Pup, you need to avail yourself of Johnny's instructional DVD - Taste, Tone, Space. It's superlative. Johnny and his backing band perform 8 songs in their entirety and then Johnny discusses the songs and their guitar parts with the interviewer. One bonus feature especially for you: performances by Albert Lee and Robben Ford!
Have had it for years my man, also his Tab song books for Sometime Tuesday Morning and Taste, Tone, Space. Particularly love his verison of Wichita Lineman ;). He also used to be the guitarist for Peter Wolf of the J. Geils band if I'm not mistaken.

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Have had it for years my man, also his Tab song books for Sometime Tuesday Morning and Taste, Tone, Space. Particularly love his verison of Wichita Lineman ;). He also used to be the guitarist for Peter Wolf of the J. Geils band if I'm not mistaken.
I should've known better than to think you might have missed it, Pupster. I love that Gibson Johnny A model but can only salivate at the pictures given its price tag!!!

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Great album cover. I listened to it once. It started out great. Then, slowly went downhill. I must listen to it again.
Track 1 No Erasin' and Track 6 are big songs, Track 9, I Need You, is a haunting version of George Harrison's Beatles classic. I think how he loved a woman so intensely just 6 years ago she passed from cancer and this album captures his love and pain for her.

Perpendicular

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I saw a YouTube video interview of Steve Perry by some radio station right before the album release. I seem to remember him saying those words. Also, why he left Journey. Pretty cool!

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just finished watching Dan Rather interview Steve Perry, really good. I love his new CD, so deep and thought provoking.
View attachment 39701
I recorded that Rather interview with Steve...haven't watched it yet..also recorded the Rock Legends piece on Journey....AXSTV has SO much music related programming I don't take advantage of it enough...

The56Kid

I recorded that Rather interview with Steve...haven't watched it yet..also recorded the Rock Legends piece on Journey....AXSTV has SO much music related programming I don't take advantage of it enough...
Wish AXSTV stuck to music which they do a great job with. It’s when they show wrestling and rerun movies that I wonder what the hell they're smoking!

hwkn

Earlier today I listened to the new Grateful Dead Warfield 1980 RSD cd set........very good btw.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This is an album that I've loved for decades. It features Mark Knopfler on guitar, Alan Clark on keyboards and Pino Palladino on bass. The only issue with this title is that it hasn't gotten a re-issue since it came out in 1988; and I believe it could use some remastering to give it more punch, clarity and shine. This album has IMO some of her most personal, touching and infectious music of her career.

A couple of stand out tracks with Knopfler on guitar:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hymns to the Silence is a double album masterpiece by Van that may have been missed by a lot of folks.

A couple of the stand out tracks includes one called Village Idiot; which is very personal to me. I once knew someone similar to the person this song describes. Extremely sad, but uplifting at the same time.