Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luther Allison-Bad News Is Coming

Johnny A's first two albums were the freakin' bomb! Both feature incredible music and fidelity.

As a fellow 6 string mangler, J Pup, you need to avail yourself of Johnny's instructional DVD - Taste, Tone, Space. It's superlative. Johnny and his backing band perform 8 songs in their entirety and then Johnny discusses the songs and their guitar parts with the interviewer. One bonus feature especially for you: performances by Albert Lee and Robben Ford!

Johnny A's first two albums were the freakin' bomb! Both feature incredible music and fidelity.

As a fellow 6 string mangler, J Pup, you need to avail yourself of Johnny's instructional DVD - Taste, Tone, Space. It's superlative. Johnny and his backing band perform 8 songs in their entirety and then Johnny discusses the songs and their guitar parts with the interviewer. One bonus feature especially for you: performances by Albert Lee and Robben Ford!

Have had it for years my man, also his Tab song books for Sometime Tuesday Morning and Taste, Tone, Space. Particularly love his verison of Wichita Lineman ;). He also used to be the guitarist for Peter Wolf of the J. Geils band if I'm not mistaken.

Have had it for years my man, also his Tab song books for Sometime Tuesday Morning and Taste, Tone, Space. Particularly love his verison of Wichita Lineman ;). He also used to be the guitarist for Peter Wolf of the J. Geils band if I'm not mistaken.
I should've known better than to think you might have missed it, Pupster. I love that Gibson Johnny A model but can only salivate at the pictures given its price tag!!!

Great album cover. I listened to it once. It started out great. Then, slowly went downhill. I must listen to it again.
Track 1 No Erasin' and Track 6 are big songs, Track 9, I Need You, is a haunting version of George Harrison's Beatles classic. I think how he loved a woman so intensely just 6 years ago she passed from cancer and this album captures his love and pain for her.

Just finished watching Dan Rather interview Steve Perry, really good. I love his new CD, so deep and thought provoking.
View attachment 39701

I recorded that Rather interview with Steve...haven't watched it yet..also recorded the Rock Legends piece on Journey....AXSTV has SO much music related programming I don't take advantage of it enough...

I recorded that Rather interview with Steve...haven't watched it yet..also recorded the Rock Legends piece on Journey....AXSTV has SO much music related programming I don't take advantage of it enough...
Wish AXSTV stuck to music which they do a great job with. It’s when they show wrestling and rerun movies that I wonder what the hell they're smoking!

Earlier today I listened to the new Grateful Dead Warfield 1980 RSD cd set........very good btw.

Back