Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Wilson sisters. Dog and Butterfly Tour. Early 1979. Top 5 rated concert I have ever seen - and Ive seen quite a bit ! . Great CD here!!

View attachment 75607

sitting here listening to this and saying " who mastered this as its effin incredible " None other than Mr Steve Hoffman. High five Steve for an awesome job on this release. thank you

Last edited:
Geesus. Finally !!!!!!!! How many versions of Asia self-titled have been released and have sucked ? I have the original CD, sold the AudioFidelity, have the Platinum SHM, sold the SHM SACD, have the original MQA release. . Lets face it - they all suck. They are thin, weak and pathetic. Ive spent a lot of money on Asia suck.

And then this comes out and I tell myself, it all sucks. This one will suck. Why would another MQA CD not suck. Stay away and save your money.

Well ? On a whim and a loose dollar or two, I went for it

It doesnt suck.
In fact, its freaking incredible !!!
Finally !

asiamqa.jpg

Who Sell Out CD 2 orig. 2ch album & 13 bonus tracks from super duper

Lem Winchester & Ramsey Lewis Trio UK CD

Money & Cigarettes - Eric Clapton German CD

Down to Earth - Ramsey Lewis Trio UK CD

Bonnie Dobson UK CD Her classic Morning Dew and Rainy Windows are the standouts

https://www.discogs.com/release/3807311-Bonnie-Dobson-Bonnie-Dobson

the Wilson sisters. Dog and Butterfly Tour. Early 1979. One of my Top 5 rated concerts I have ever seen - and Ive seen quite a bit ! . Great CD here!!

View attachment 75607

Interestingly, I saw Heart in the fall of 1982 and John Cougar Mellencamp totally blew them away in terms of energy and in terms of sound quality. Horton Field House, Normal Illinois. Just a vivid recollection.

Interestingly, I saw Heart in the fall of 1982 and John Cougar Mellencamp totally blew them away in terms of energy and in terms of sound quality. Horton Field House, Normal Illinois. Just a vivid recollection.

hey Gene - I saw that same line up at Wings Stadium summer of 82 and - yup - Mellencamp blew the roof off. At that point Heart had lost talent with the original guitarist and drummer leaving a few years earlier. It was not the same 1970s Heart. And Mellencamp was the hungry up-and-coming

hey Gene - I saw that same line up at Wings Stadium summer of 82 and - yup - Mellencamp blew the roof off. At that point Heart had lost talent with the original guitarist and drummer leaving a few years earlier. It was not the same 1970s Heart. And Mellencamp was the hungry up-and-coming
yup, saw this tour in Philly, late 82.
John Cougar played "Hurts so good" TWICE!!!!!

4816C7B2-A296-4A4C-B955-9D91B7C7DC06.jpeg
SPK - Machine Age Voodoo

Mid 80’s electronic pop, the first reissue from Rubellan Remasters in 2018, now out of print.
Some really nice melodies here, but the sound is representative of the era, on the thin side. Not complaining, it’s perfectly listenable.
Knowing Rubellan’s reputation (good) I’m sure he did the best he could.

0711BA9C-16D4-4BFF-B7DF-47827B3B7631.jpeg
What Made Milwaukee Famous -
You Can’t Fall Off the Floor

Third album by this excellent band from Austin. As usual great lyrics from leader Michael Kingcaid.

88F16B42-82D4-4B6C-8CCB-D857493E0667.jpeg
Rosanne Cash - The River & The Thread

Par for the course….yet another stellar album from one of my favourite artists. Great tunes and lyrics .
This version has 3 bonus tracks that are worth the extra money.

Last edited:
4AE5FEF7-EBD6-42F8-BC78-227FA50EAE98.jpeg
BoDeans - Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams

Don’t know what made me pull this out of the archives after years, but I enjoyed it.
Sammy Llanas voice is still an acquired taste but some good songs.
“Fadeaway” is the reason I bought this disc (35 years ago OMG)

View attachment 75702
BoDeans - Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams

Don’t know what made me pull this out of the archives after years, but I enjoyed it.
Sammy Llanas voice is still an acquired taste but some good songs.
“Fadeaway” is the reason I bought this disc (35 years ago OMG)

Well, BoDeans is a band I've never listened to, and to be honest, known nothing about. Just listened to some tunes on youtube, and I really like how they sound.

Back