Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Daddy of them all

bigdaddy1.jpg

Robert Plant - the principle of moments

View attachment 79473
One of my favorite LPs EVER!!!
It was one of the 1st 2 CDs I bought in my life, back in 85 (the other was KC , Beat) so I always had listened to it on CD. I recently found a remaster which is compressed to High Heaven and worthless, so I hunted down the LP version and I can say it sounds WAY better than on CD.

238B20C2-D16C-4DAE-96EF-6129EB06E8D4.jpeg
Jimi Hendrix Experience -
Live At the Hollywood Bowl

From the Electric Ladyland 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition box.
Good performance, I think.
Hard to tell through the dreadful sound.

I can tell a brief story about my first time hearing "Fire" and of Jimi Hendrix. Back in high school in '67 several of us would go to Broadway Skate Land in Mesquite TX on Friday nights where they would have a cover band playing. I heard "Fire" for the first time and had to find out the source. Found out and bought the "Are You Experienced" LP. Never been the same since!
First heard Are You Experienced? in ‘67 as a 10 year old while living in Germany where my dad, who was in US Army, was stationed. My life has never been the same since either!

First heard Are You Experienced? in ‘67 as a 10 year old while living in Germany where my dad, who was in US Army, was stationed. My life has never been the same since either!
Funny how that happens...☺

The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations

There’s nothing like starting the upcoming Summer months off with some surfer music dudes. I don’t think I‘ve played this, very well put together and one of my favorites of all time box sets since the 90’s, when I purchased it on release day at a record store in a shopping mall where I worked. For about the first 4-5 years, I played it constantly. If I could only have a choice of one release in the Beach Boy’s catalog that was released on Compact Disc, this would definitely be it. Also, I have the original two-fer discs that were released that sound pretty darn good too. Here’s to welcoming in another Summer!

F04B6933-A6D7-4B95-A64E-FDA8B6138967.jpeg

Back