Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS IS THE MOODY BLUES {Deram/UMG/MQA encoded/2 discs] A SENSATIONAL UHQ MQA remaster from UMG

Image 1 - MOODY BLUES    THIS IS THE MOODY BLUES   (2) CD  JAPAN    MQA UHQCD     SEALED

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced

Playing the CD for safety's sake. That's the original record I bought in '67.

View attachment 79498
I have ALMOST what you have there.. the same CD pressing and a SECOND pressing on LP, and I have said it many times in here, this was the LP that got me back to vinyl cause the presence and fidelity of that LP blows away ANY other CD pressing (the tapes were already pretty old when CD took over).. try it... live dangerously!!!

I can tell a brief story about my first time hearing "Fire" and of Jimi Hendrix. Back in high school in '67 several of us would go to Broadway Skate Land in Mesquite TX on Friday nights where they would have a cover band playing. I heard "Fire" for the first time and had to find out the source. Found out and bought the "Are You Experienced" LP. Never been the same since!
I'm still in contact with my old friend from high school that drove his car and provided my transportation to get to the roller skating place to hear the bands play on Friday nights. He recently retired and moved up to Lake Texoma. I'm sending him one of these Hendrix box sets for a housewarming gift. Seems appropriate!

I have ALMOST what you have there.. the same CD pressing and a SECOND pressing on LP, and I have said it many times in here, this was the LP that got me back to vinyl cause the presence and fidelity of that LP blows away ANY other CD pressing (the tapes were already pretty old when CD took over).. try it... live dangerously!!!
My hands are steadier than they were this morning so I will have to take you up on that!

Today's been an all Hendrix day so far. Started out with Are You Experienced, then Electric Ladyland, then Axis: Bold as Love, and just now finishing another round of the box set!

Back