Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up The Girl

1659209857804.jpeg

Freddy Jones Band - Lucid
View attachment 81781
“In a Daydream” from those guys was my jam… brings me back to such a great time in life. And Cool for August? Holy moly, forgot about that one…

My younger brother and I used to go to Record Stop in Ronkonkoma NY in the mid to late 90’s (up until the early 2000’s); I had moved away but when I came home to visit I’d give him $20 and I’d spend $20 of my own, and we’d each get 20 CDs from the giant $1 wall of cutouts, promos, used, and stuff they didn’t know what to do with. It was a game for us to see who could “win” by finding the gems.

Ended up with a lot of hilarious throwaways and also found some of my favorite bands that way (Rheostatics, Groove Collective, Liquid Soul), and plenty of winners like Cool for August, Love Jones, Eggman, Echolyn, Fighting Gravity… that cover made me think of those great days. Thanks and enjoy!

“In a Daydream” from those guys was my jam… brings me back to such a great time in life. And Cool for August? Holy moly, forgot about that one…

My younger brother and I used to go to Record Stop in Ronkonkoma NY in the mid to late 90’s (up until the early 2000’s); I had moved away but when I came home to visit I’d give him $20 and I’d spend $20 of my own, and we’d each get 20 CDs from the giant $1 wall of cutouts, promos, used, and stuff they didn’t know what to do with. It was a game for us to see who could “win” by finding the gems.

Ended up with a lot of hilarious throwaways and also found some of my favorite bands that way (Rheostatics, Groove Collective, Liquid Soul), and plenty of winners like Cool for August, Love Jones, Eggman, Echolyn, Fighting Gravity… that cover made me think of those great days. Thanks and enjoy!
I was quite surprised when Cool For August only put out one album. I’d like to know what happened there. They had such potential.

Love me some Keef Hartley, and the new remastered box from Cherry Red is probably as good as the catalogue is ever gonna sound.

B2D2E6CC-CF0F-425F-AAF6-41BBCBEDA195.jpeg

Seventy Second Brave is my personal favorite - the production has always been a little bit flat but the feel and the grooves slay. The last album with Gary Thain too, before he split for Heep.

Not on any streaming service! Oof!

Back