Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Cal Tjader Stan Getz Sextet [Fantasy Records/FIM 32 bit remaster] An exquisite outing featuring Vince Guaraldi on piano. Startling sonics!

Gimme 4

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I'm about half way through Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus Box Set and am having so much fun listening. 4 complete shows, 3 of which have no overdubs. The playing isn't perfect, but it is a joy to really hear this band live.
I saw this on sale the other day and got it. I agree it is fun listening. Quality is great. Only issue I have is the oversized box the set comes in. What to do with it... put it out on the coffee table? Too darned big for any CD or DVD shelves I have. Personally I would much prefer 4 jewel cases and a slip cover to put them in. Other than that, a very enjoyable set of concerts. I would have liked a 3rd Mercenary Territory. Discs 1 and 2 though are not quite like the 2 CD set I have of the original album as they advertised. So I guess it's a good thing to have both, plus the original vinyl album.

EDIT: The first 2 CDs are the same song lineup as the original vinyl album. It's the expanded CD set my brain was comparing to. More accustomed to listening to that version.

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Thybo, Stief and Gruvstedt SUPER TRIO {Sundance Records/FIM 32 bit remaster] Uncanny presence from these three exceptional musicians.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Professor R J Ross A MILLION WATTS OF LOVE {Lantana Records/FIM DXD 24b remastering/pressed on 99.99% pure Silver disc} So WHO, might you ask, is Professor R J Ross? FYI, a founding member of the legendary Detroit Funk Band "Brainstorm" and he has played with the likes of Eddie Money, Tupac Shakur and M C Hammer. A gorgeous album, impeccable sound and E~Z [?] listening with that dynamic twist of SOUL, FUNK and ATTITUDE!

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Rafael Frübeck De Burgos conducting the New Philharmonia Orchestra GRANADOS, FALLA: EL AMOR BRUJO, RAVEL [Decca Records/FIM K2 HD Remaster] Astonishing Performances of these enduring classics in brilliant sonics featuring soloist Nati Mistral.

Last edited:

cbmmm3

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Good Times !!

yazoo.jpg

Quad Linda

Staff member
Bet that Frubeck de Burgos Brujo is great! I have several Three-Cornered Hat versions. His Angel/EMI 60's version is the best performance IMHO.

Rafael Frübeck De Burgos conducting the New Philharmonia Orchestra GRANADOS, FALLA: EL AMOR BRUJO, RAVEL [Decca Records/FIM K2 HD Remaster] Astonishing Performances of these enduring classics in brilliant sonics featuring soloist Nati Mistral.

cbmmm3

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
What system/device are you using to create the surround image? Thank you.

I use an old Classe SSP60 Surround processor. And a high quality CD player. Ive also experienced fully unfolded MQA CDs that sound even better than their 5.1 releases. One that comes to mind is Tears For Fears Songs From The Big Chair